Mjolner in 2.0.0

The patch notes seem pretty brutal, if not an honest return to melee times.

Is Lowlife Mjolner still gonna be viable with the inner force removal in the upcoming CB? Is it better to just sell my gear on softcore and wait for the new item bases?
gonna be rekt by projectile nerf.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

Hmm, yeah lightning strike is dead it seems. I've played around with cyclone as a trigger ability and it works a fair amount. If GGG really do go through and do their lockstep changes to ameliorate the desync issue, then maybe it would work out.

Honestly, I just feel like it'd be more fun to roll a duelist and go melee ham.
what are you talking about projectile nerf? arc and discharge aren't shotgunning abilities.

you can also use molten strike, which gets a TON of hits off
I have sold everything I got on std already.
"
"
Malone wrote:

Hmm, yeah lightning strike is dead it seems. I've played around with cyclone as a trigger ability and it works a fair amount. If GGG really do go through and do their lockstep changes to ameliorate the desync issue, then maybe it would work out.

Honestly, I just feel like it'd be more fun to roll a duelist and go melee ham.

Lightning Strike never had the ability to shotgun, it should work the same way after patch as it does now.

Molten Strike only shotguns with the AoE part of projectiles. After patch "Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times."

Trigger wise no changes for Mjölner so far.
"
hellfurian wrote:
what are you talking about projectile nerf? arc and discharge aren't shotgunning abilities.

ya, plus you are triggering it with a melee skill, a melee skill that can now be supported by fortify... oh dear
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
hellfurian wrote:

ya, plus you are triggering it with a melee skill, a melee skill that can now be supported by fortify... oh dear

Shhh... keep this low.
IIRC Lightning strike will be better.

"
Chris wrote:
All projectiles now behave like arrows.

I think that means, Lightning Strike will no longer travel through the ground or be blocked by little rocks/terrain.
"
IIRC Lightning strike will be better.

"
Chris wrote:
All projectiles now behave like arrows.

I think that means, Lightning Strike will no longer travel through the ground or be blocked by little rocks/terrain.

Nah, it's just the for mechanics of shotgunning I believe. Lightning Strike will still most likely travel on ground.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info