Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

So the new Eldritch Battery...

Does it mean that if I have significant energy shield leech or regen (a la Zealot's Oath or Ghost Reaver) I can just keep spamming spells and leech it all back?
It should work the way you described, yes.
"
wagi013 wrote:
It should work the way you described, yes.

Thanks.

Isn't that like, really good?
ES is still ES. :>
Of course, it isn't busy preventing Damage to your Life pool... And if you have both Leech and Regen switched to ES, that might prove to become a problem.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Of course, it isn't busy preventing Damage to your Life pool... And if you have both Leech and Regen switched to ES, that might prove to become a problem.

What do you mean?

I'm thinking of something like:

Hybrid build, super high amounts of ES and some life (maybe around 3k).

Take EB and Ghost Reaver, go nuts on physical damage leech. Then use all your mana reserving auras. The ES generated by the life leech more than covers the cost of the attacks and spells.

Profit?
Last edited by elitedesolator on Apr 20, 2015, 5:34:13 AM
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:

What do you mean?

I'm thinking of something like:

Hybrid build, super high amounts of ES and some life (maybe around 2k).

Take EB and Ghost Reaver, go nuts on physical damage leech. Then use all your mana reserving auras. The ES generated by the life leech more than covers the cost of the attacks and spells.

Profit?

Your ES protects your mana and not your life :').

So with 2k life, you will have 2k life the end.

This also means that you are sacrificing a single life EHP utility (either life leach or regeneration) to regain mana utility instead.

Although this is all not set in stone and allows other funky tricks to be done.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Your ES protects your mana and not your life :').

So with 2k life, you will have 2k life the end.

This also means that you are sacrificing a single life EHP utility (either life leach or regeneration) to regain mana utility instead.

Although this is all not set in stone and allows other funky tricks to be done.

Peace,

-Boem-

Oh shit LOL you're right. At least I think you are, cause GGG's wording is very very vague.

I.E: "it now moves Energy Shield to cover mana", I think it means you use ES as your mana first, then your regular mana, but that sentence doesn't necessarily say ES is not ES anymore.

If funky tricks I'm thinking about having like a minimal amount of ES on a life build and just use that as "mana", and reserve all your mana away. Like those Soul Taker Reave builds from before.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Apr 20, 2015, 5:40:58 AM
That's why we have LGoH! XD

but seriously though, I'd wait first before I can say it's good or bad. Having to remove your leech capabilities on life so you could continuously cast spells without the ES regen time, all the while needing to reach for another keystone while using EB... I dunno.

I do hope they change how VP and ZO works in this change, so I can leech life while continuously regenerating my ES :D
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Yeah maybe I'm just getting all hard for nothing lol
The actual description was released, and it says the following:
"Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life"
Nothing terribly vague there :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info