We need to discuss Kripparrian's latest video => Choosing the right class. Improvements needed !

The duelist starting area just makes no sense. His early big nodes are +30 str or +30 dex, really? Look at Templar starting area, in only a few points in any direction he has amazing nodes like +30 life and 12% life in a single node! Why is there such a heavy bias for Templar while at the same time duelist is totally gimped. It just doesn't make any sense, I feel that they had to be aware of this when making the skill tree.
It doesn't matter. That's because the mobs in Merciless hit so goddamned hard with armor and evasion providing relatively poor mitigation. You essentially need to get your attack skill spam set up early, then spend the rest of the game getting life nods and elemental resist nodes, and then work on improving your damage with gear.

The game isn't as complex as it once seemed. I don't know whether to attribute that to balance changes, or that I simply understand the game mechanics better.

I wish I could remember what the old skill tree was like. Again, I don't know whether my myopic vision of the tree is due to it being changed a few patches ago, the new gameplay balance tweaks, or what...
Last edited by brgillespie on Feb 10, 2013, 5:48:47 AM
"
qjay wrote:
i think the approach for starting point nodes is just wrong

they should rather design more UNIQUE starting nodes

e.g.

tons of CC or energy shield nodes right at start for witches

tons of shield (to even add more diversity we can add offensive shield nodes and defensive ones) nodes for templar

tons of health/armor nodes at the start for marauder

tons of ranged bonuses for ranger

tons of movement speed/utility/attack speed bonusses for duelist

tons of attack speed or crit bonusses for shadow

other than that we can also add another BIG KEYSTONE right at the start of every class with an LEVEL RESTRICTION, that does one of the following
1) adds one UNIQUE SKILL
2) adds something special like
witches: when energy shield reaches 0, it instantly refills to 100%, but your health is reduced to 1 (internal cooldown of 1 minute)
witches2: when energy shield reaches 0, you do damage to your surroundings equal to your max energyshield * spelldamage (formula can be balanced)
witches3: when reaching health under 40%, your energy shield automaticly refills to 100% (internal cooldown of x)
witches4: when your mana reaches 0 you cause an arcane explosion causing max mana value*spell damage to surroundings (formula can be balanced)

ranger1: after 5 critical hits your next attack will cause 300% damage, but cant crit
ranger2: after x critical hits, your movement speed is increased by x%
ranger3: dodge the next two attacks after getting critical hit
ranger4: dodge the next two attacks after losing health below 50%
ranger5: every second attack does not cost any ressource

templar1: the first aura you cast does not take any mana reservation
templar2: after every 5th block, your shield explodes doing damage in a straight line where your char is facing dealing xx damage (formale : balance)
templar3: when losing 50% hp the templar loses all the bonusses he gets from his shield and cannot block for 10 seconds, but is invincible for 2 seconds (internal cooldown)

marauder1: increase liferegen by xxx
marauder2: adds all the mana you have to your lifepool (if taken blood magic you gain 0 life)
marauder3: every 3rd single target attack becomes an aoe attack

shadow1: after losing 80% health shadow becomes invisible for 3 seconds (internal cooldown)
shadow2: each crit increases shadows attack speed by x
shadow3: each attack increases shadows crit by x (up to a certain cap)

duelist: every 3rd attack gets reflected back to the attacker (if its too much then set a limit, if its too less then add a mod, e.g. make it dependend on weapon damage or whatever)
duelist2: every 4th attack counts as twice
duelist3: after 10th single target ability the next one does 5th damage
duelist4: every 10th attack cause duelist to trigger a crazy attack like the ultimate from blademaster in dota or ultimate from fiora in lol

NOTE those are suggestion TEMPLATES, while some might seem OP, they are all a matter of tweak and balace, but you should get the idea

This +10 , Amazing idea will quote you in the first post.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Calamari wrote:
The duelist starting area just makes no sense. His early big nodes are +30 str or +30 dex, really? Look at Templar starting area, in only a few points in any direction he has amazing nodes like +30 life and 12% life in a single node! Why is there such a heavy bias for Templar while at the same time duelist is totally gimped. It just doesn't make any sense, I feel that they had to be aware of this when making the skill tree.

"
brgillespie wrote:
It doesn't matter. That's because the mobs in Merciless hit so goddamned hard with armor and evasion providing relatively poor mitigation. You essentially need to get your attack skill spam set up early, then spend the rest of the game getting life nods and elemental resist nodes, and then work on improving your damage with gear.

The game isn't as complex as it once seemed. I don't know whether to attribute that to balance changes, or that I simply understand the game mechanics better.

I wish I could remember what the old skill tree was like. Again, I don't know whether my myopic vision of the tree is due to it being changed a few patches ago, the new gameplay balance tweaks, or what...

Both added on the first page !!!
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

Marauders and templars have

>insane hp bonuses
>tons of resists, like a ton
>HP regen
>really good offense nodes
>super easy access to -> RT/blood magic/US
>A ton of shield block skills

Everyone else has

>crap hp
>no hp regen
>no elemental resists
>awful shield skills(+30% ES on a shield, WOW REALLY MIGHT AS WELL BE 0)
>just a bunch of crit talents to replace the ones above
>crappy specials
>a billion mana regen points

Hahaha wow I sure love spendingt 15 points on mana regen to support a 3 link, while this guy can use a 5 link with a single point investment with blood magic wherein he can use his 5th link on lifesteal and regen 1000hp per second.

Also he just has to invest 4 points to get +60 resist all. How many resist all does my witch have? almost none.

I also need 10 points for 60 resists for my crappy nodes, LOL.

This game is a rigged joke, there is literally no build where a marauder/templar base class would be inferior to anyone else.

lol iron gip
lol blood magic
lol 1 billion +hp nodes
Last edited by Fluttershypony on Feb 10, 2013, 6:10:38 AM
They made the game a little too hard and now the resulting action that players do is to go all life nodes . The mobs just hit way too hard and most builds now are essentially useless end game.
"
arare wrote:
They made the game a little too hard and now the resulting action that players do is to go all life nodes . The mobs just hit way too hard and most builds now are essentially useless end game.

Fact !!! +1 quoted and added you on the first post !

Call me crazy of you want, but I think that the reason the current game is as bad as it it for melee is because of Krips earlier overpowered builds in this game. He was doing HP stacking Templars and other classes in the CB, and it seems like GGG actually went and rebalanced the game around his overpowered builds, hence why people using different builds are now struggling so much.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"

This game is a rigged joke, there is literally no build where a marauder/templar base class would be inferior to anyone else.

lol iron gip
lol blood magic
lol 1 billion +hp nodes

No, this game is in beta, which means not finished. Input from top-level players like Krip and others (and even from casual players like me) will help the devs smooth out the wrinkles. Be patient please.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
bhavv wrote:
Call me crazy of you want, but I think that the reason the current game is as bad as it it for melee is because of Krips earlier overpowered builds in this game. He was doing HP stacking Templars and other classes in the CB, and it seems like GGG actually went and rebalanced the game around his overpowered builds, hence why people using different builds are now struggling so much.

This is true to some degree, but his OP builds, were also based alot on the gear he found, or his teammates found while grinding the S... out of the game. The GGG team, was pointed with some facts, but they still have final word and their own ideas in the skill tree system. We learn this from the best, the way it is.

That's why this need fixing now and not on the Final release.

Last edited by Farystar on Feb 10, 2013, 6:45:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info