Bats vs. Supes

People seem to be shitting all over this trailer and praising the Star Wars one, but I found it quite good. Ben Affleck looks like Millers batman, which is a plus in my eyes.

Trailer sets the nice picture of what we could expect if the human like Superman would appear out of the blue.

Plus, can't wait for bats to pound supes to the ground.

Spoiler
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 19, 2015, 4:02:52 PM
Forgive me, I'm more of a manga guy than comic books. So maybe i get a few things wrong here. But what I think I know is something about Superman inventing and maintaining quantum level devices or whatever in his fortress of solitude. Which is something Batman could never do.

In Allstar Superman he was asked a metaphysical question about what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. I think if he answered incorrectly he was going to be...well I don't remember, but something would have happened, but he managed to answer correctly.

Also in all star superman, he was depicted as someone who really admired lex luthor's self determination and pure talent. They depicted superman as though lex was the closest thing he had to a friend in humanity other than lois lane. ANd even though Lex was the one to actually 'kill' superman in allstar superman, the worst feeling he felt towards lex was disappointment that lex was still too petty to fulfill his potential as a metaphysical force on the world.

This is why I think Super man is intellectually/metaphysically stronger than Batman, Batman would be incapable of seeing any good in Luthor. I think that superman's perceptiveness and scientific prowess are just on a whole other level

and...guess what?
Spoiler
my dad could beat up your dad

"
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Batfleck's normal suit makes him look tubby, not buff. ='[.]'=

Homage to the original imho

The older, more out of shape bats is common throughout the book. This dude really likes his DKR

I enjoyed TDKR when it came out, but, are they really pitching "Worn-Outman" for their new movie franchise?

Apparently so, at least according to this article:

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-set-photos-robin-dick-grayson-dead/

The pics aren't there, which makes the allegation somewhat suspect, but if they've already killed off Dick Grayson (who would, himself, have been 43 today by the implied timeline), off-camera, a lotta folks are gonna be more than a little annoyed. It's all very funny, because back in the day, DC was the happy, shiny, hopeful one, and Marvel had all the darkness and angst. Now, it's almost as if DC's pulling a conversion reaction, trying to escape that old image, and differentiate itself from the MCU, as well.

And, anyway, they have to hit Supes with a script handicap for him to lose. Every. Time. Doomsday? Pick him up and throw him outta the solar system, and fight him in space (if at all). Batman? Please. As soon as Supes decides he wants to win, fight's over, Kryptonite or no. How long do you think it would take Superman to collect some lead shielding in which to encase Batman? Of course, why even fight? How hard would it be for Supes to avoid Batman?

Nope. They gotta write him as uninspired and lazy, or too idealistic to fight back, or something. Not much I hate worse than lazy writing. =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I agree the show had a lot of problems but as you did, I really liked that ONE character - coincidentally the main character - so for a first season I could mentally forego its problems. I was really just happy to see a Vertigo comic in primetime and was hoping the trend would continue.

As far as supes being a brainiac I'm sure it has been written somewhere in the metaverse. Supes has been written so many times by s many people it is bound to spring up.

However for me, because I'm not smart here is how the basics go:

Lex is the smartest guy on the planet, embattled by his physical inadequacies to his main rival.
Supes is the embodiment of the pantheon of all classic gods, to a laughable (the early writing is kind of embarrassing [ice-breath, laser eyes its as if they were just seeing how far they could tack on shit]) but endearing degree.
Bats is the the good guy who is always the smartest man in the room, but the only jerk in the entire DC universe of good without one goddamned power - which is where this movie will hopefully take us.

BvS (ohsnap I just went there) wants to take us into the idea that these new gods are making us lazy, non-evolutionary creatures of sloth where our gods destroy our world. Wayne desires to take us back.

Fuck I hope they make Kingdom Come next.

"
Raycheetah wrote:
Nope. They gotta write him as uninspired and lazy, or too idealistic to fight back, or something. Not much I hate worse than lazy writing. =>[.]<=

Another note:

dont judge yet. A good writer wont be tied down with the non-fact that superman simply cant be beaten because a children's story written in the 1930s said it was to be so.

The entire point of the Dark Knight (and Watchmen and Kingdom Come)is that humankind has been hurt by these so called heroes watching over us by destroying everything we build. Bats is the pinnacle of humanism - intelligent, compassionate, fault-ridden and goal worthy.

You could make the same false argument that we mere humans could never rise up and destroy our own god. In our own lifetimes we on a very real cusp of immortality. In either fiction or fact the possibility of discovery and then the destruction of our own creator is within a few millennium of our now existence. can it not be so because the bible says the wizard cannot be beat?

Fuck that, for all of our many faults of humankind we posses the talent and will to rise up, through strength and intelligence, to defeat anything standing in our fucking way. Including God Almighty Creator of the Universe.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 19, 2015, 10:07:09 PM
I think it's obvious that Superman's biggest weaknesses have always been his incredible constitution and incorruptable ethics. His supreme self-confidence to withstand pretty much anything makes him a slow, reactive combatant, preferring to reason morally with his opponent to win them over (especially in this case). He'd rather preach than fight.

I mean, Supes could vaporize Bats in an instant. Or just knock him unconscious. But he won't. He will give him every chance to do the right thing and stop fighting. For Supes it's barely even fighting, more like a cat playing with a mouse.

But that time Supes spends playing opens up opportunities. Providing you can manage to surprise him through his super senses. Numerous distractions are required.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 20, 2015, 1:08:03 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think it's obvious that Superman's biggest weaknesses have always been his incredible constitution and incorruptable ethics. His supreme self-confidence to withstand pretty much anything makes him a slow, reactive combatant, preferring to reason morally with his opponent to win them over (especially in this case). He'd rather preach than fight.

I mean, Supes could vaporize Bats in an instant. Or just knock him unconscious. But he won't. He will give him every chance to do the right thing and stop fighting. For Supes it's barely even fighting, more like a cat playing with a mouse.

But that time Supes spends playing opens up opportunities. Providing you can manage to surprise him through his super senses. Numerous distractions are required.

OR, Bats could play on Supes' conscience, assuming he takes any kind of responsibility for the aftermath of MoS. A guilty conscience, a subconscious desire for punishment... yeah, that might work. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR5HuQK5fYY

Yeah, better than the original trailer. =^[.]^=
The last Superman thing I watched I truly enjoyed was the animated movie Superman vs the Elite. Solid stuff.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Is Charan a hipster?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info