Bats vs. Supes

I was not expecting them to stick close with the original Frank Miller DKR theme but after this trailer I remain positive about the outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4

I was very surprised that Miller isn't credited at all in the writing of this movie- at least in the trailer. The concept is his and his alone.
Can't watch link now because of satellite net curfew, but in general, the only way for batman beat superman (I assume this is what the link is about as I haven't checked if not...then awkward) is to play dirty by pretending to be his friend and then betraying him out of the blue.

Because the fact of the matter is that Superman is approximately 20000% smarter and more perceptive than Batman is. Not just intellectually but metaphysically. If it came down to a war of ideas, Superman would crush Batman with a 'super'ior argument and win him over to his side just like that.
It is a trailer for the movie Batman vs. Superman based on the '86 comic Dark Knight Returns - arguably one of the most famous/influential series in the modern era.

To your point, if you are being serious, I can't remember any time in comic books when Supes was particularly smart. Certainly never as smart as Wayne nor Lex.

Not to give anything away but that's pretty much the point of the comic/movie. They seem to be sticking close to the source material.

I'm a huge fan obviously.
I like the pun but I like the heady comic movies, like Watchmen, even more.

I like how DC has separated themselves as the comic for adults and Marvel for the children and Peter Pan Harry Potter aficionados.
I'll watch it. Not a big fan of the casting.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'll watch it. Not a big fan of the casting.

I think the King of Boston is well casted after watching the trailer. Only because he is still handsome while being on the middle aged side. For comic movies they usually go full on youth + handsome but it looks like they are sticking to the story SOMEwhat. They couldnt go full old because of risk I imagine but they still agreed to a bit of age on bats - I appreciate that.

I assume you are speaking of Affleck. People seem to have an issue with the dude. To me, he is just an actor - if he can play the part then yay if not, boo.
Batfleck's normal suit makes him look tubby, not buff. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
DC recently put out an animated version of TDKR so I highly doubt BvS would copy much.

... first half of middle pane becomes ...
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 19, 2015, 10:48:49 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Batfleck's normal suit makes him look tubby, not buff. ='[.]'=

Homage to the original imho

The older, more out of shape bats is common throughout the book. This dude really likes his DKR
"
I think DC are winning the TV war, although SHIELD (miraculous season 2 turnaround of the likes I've never seen in all my years) and Daredevil are almost balancing the scales and Arrow's recent fall into CW-level melodrama is dragging it down...but cinema-wise, Marvel is so far ahead of DC it's not funny.

I read Constantine was cancelled which was a bummer. It was a good show for a first season.

Marvel has such a huge advantage in TV due to Disney owning ABC and Marvel they will eventually win that war. However, with movies I disagree. Box Office and sheer volume Marvel wins to be sure but for quality you are either lean towards adult grittiness or teenage, no blood psuedo-violence.

I dont think there is a winner here persay it is just a matter of artistic opinion.

I'm on epi 3 of DD I am really enjoying it. Netflix is coming out as a clear 2nd to AMC for great tv as of late. Better than HBO now.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 19, 2015, 2:20:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info