Spells that are still worth using with spell totems???

A long time ago, when I started playing PoE I really was into spell totems and liked playing builds made around them alot!

Now that spell totems were nerfed to the ground quite some time ago I wonder which spell gems are still worth using with spell totems since I feel like doing a build around them like back in the days. (and please do not tell me: "just use flame totems." I know they are good but boring IMO)

Any suggestions, ideas and such are much appreaciated! :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for offensive spell totem setups / suggestions! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 19, 2015, 6:13:28 AM
for damage? none, not a single one is worth it.

for utility? arc
Summon Skeletons is the only thing I use it for. It needs to get unnerfed a bit to see more use.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Arctic breath is amazing with spell totems. I also did a frost wall totem build and it was really effective and safe.

Soul Mantle for 2x totems
Maligaro's Restraint for +120% totem damage (we think)
Do not take Ancestral Bond because you are better off having a self casted spell to accompany your totems. I liked to add knock back and blind to ball lightning along with power charge on crit.

I also had blind on my heralds.

Did I mention it was safe and effective? xD

DPS wise I guess I had, dang I don't remember. 10k per totem or something. then another 3k from self cast ball lightning.
Last edited by BearCares on Apr 18, 2015, 10:10:02 PM
I don't know what you people are talking about. My friend has three 2.5k DPS totems and clears many times faster than my 2.1k tooltip Incinerator (~42k DPS).
Frost Wall, if you're a ranged caster. +Faster Casting. Way better than linked with summon skeletons.
my tri totem lightning warp character says its still fun and viable
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
@ Saltychipmunk,

Ur sure there isn't like a single spell out there that still can deal decend dmg?
The build does NOT have to be Atziri viable, just viable to clear endgame maps.

@ mark1030,

I'm looking for a damage based setup, I should've made that more clear in my post D:
Summon "meatshields" is indeed a good option! :)

@ BearCares,

now that sounds interesting.
How do you handle all the curses thrown at you?
I guess you have like 3x anti-curse flasks equiped?
Also only going dual totem with the soul mantle and still being able to self cast sounds really nice to me. I think I might give it a go in the future!

@ Salumba,

sounds like an interesting defensive setup!
Will give that one a go! :)

@ Ludvator,

Ahhhhhhh the warping bro's :P
Did it back in the days as well but now they seams more gimmicky to me than everything else :/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for offensive spell totem setups / suggestions! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 19, 2015, 6:23:57 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
my tri totem lightning warp character says its still fun and viable
Did you try with a searing bond and two lightning warp totems? Really fun to see at least.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
pure tripple warp

I focused on cast speed, reduced duration, crit, AoE (very important).. also had added cold damage + cold herald to freeze..

they have also good survivability thanks to their speed and freeze without the need of totem defenses. But I could not use support gem from mantle due to totem duration issues:)

I was thinking of searing bond but decided not to use it because I have absolutely nothing that increases its damage and also no slots left

e: forgot mentioning temp chains on hit
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 19, 2015, 6:40:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info