Players should have access to all monster skills

I dunno. It'd be kind of cool if our exiles bent over, devoured a corpse, and vomited it right back at those wretched Wretches.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
No skill is like those mortars from Avians nor like Touch of God.
That means build diversity increasing, stuff I want to play with.
The avians' meat mortar might not be a skill per se. They're clearly some deformed birds (gulls), corrupted in the cataclysm. So I think it is just a corrupted form of feeding the young.

However, I'm for having access to the monster skills, but not as a skill gem. More like a unique item that grants the skill or procs it.
In Diablo I I just love Apocalypse, but it was better in vanilla, when Apocalypse only very rarely dropped as a scroll or I think as charge on some unique staff, than in Hellfire, where you could get the book and learn the spell.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
No skill is like those mortars from Avians nor like Touch of God.
That means build diversity increasing, stuff I want to play with.

No, it does not mean diversity is increasing. If Avians or Touch of God skill is Overpowered, everyone will use them. If they suck, no one will use them.

What you are talking about is just novelty.

For example, if you like to talk about build diversity. I would like to ask you if you have used every single existing skill gem to its fullest extent?
Last edited by Starxsword on Apr 19, 2015, 6:40:30 AM
I'm against the idea of giving player monster skills, but think about it. Touch of God could easily turn into an idea for a charged melee attack. We also don't have a mortar skill. But for the love of god ;) don't just copy paste ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Apr 19, 2015, 9:55:54 AM
In retrospect, kind of odd that somebody who wants this wouldn't ask for Phase Run.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Conversion trap is your answer, however it can't convert bosses.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Seeing Kaom's and Daresso's amazing new skills I feel like this claim is as jsutified as ever.

- The backward/forward dash
- The sword thrust which looks like a long range line AoE with the weapon

Those things are sweeet.
"
I am the opposite. I can't stand when boss skills are given out to players. I want the bosses in the game to have unique abilities that players can't touch.

I agree with this, but I also think that there should be some players skills that the monsters can never have. The skills should fit the monster type too, or have some rationale in the lore. The cyclone dock's boss was funny the first time I saw him, but after that it's like seeing leap slamming rhoas, cycloning snakes, or skeletons with whirling blades.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info