10 things PoE needs to be The Perfect Game (10/10)

To me PoE is one of the best games I’ve ever played and I’m pretty sure it has a great future. However, there are a couple of things I believe they need to improve to reach the Olympus. Right now I give PoE a 9/10 score. I hope my following advices help developers achieve that 10/10 score.

Extremely important (9.7/10)
· Desync fix
· Disable Left-Click remove auras/buffs
· Better graphic optimization (freezing screen when opening lockboxes is deadly, also in big parties everyone casting spells drastically reduces frames per second)

Very important (9.9/10)
· More late-game content (mapping feels very repetitive) We need things like Events within the league, like special quests or maps adapted to your level that begin every 30min, every hour or two and reward you with exp, currency and/or items. For example, a modified Fetid Pool that spawns zombies endlessly and you have to kill 300 or a modified Ledge with waves of monsters that you have to kill to defend a slow moving cargo of Jeweller’s Orbs.

Less important (10/10)
· More accurate Tooltip dps and updates in real-time, like Incinerate 3rd stage
· A warning when you are about to enter a game hosted from a different region (lag + desync instant RIP)
· Inspect other player's Gear and Skill Tree
· Combat log
· Dps meter
· Dungeons (3-man & 6-man) & Dungeon Finder (ofc)

This is my personal feedback, in no way I'm saying they have to change everything. I'm probably missing other important issues, but these are a few ones I came up with while I was writing this thread. I'm a casual player, forgive me if I screw up something.

Feel free to post your own suggestions. Let's help developers create the great game this game deserves to be.

Last edited by Rohak on Apr 18, 2015, 6:58:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Right clicking means I want the skill on the right mousebutton to cast. Not move + cast the skill. We need an option to treat every button press as if shift is pressed.

When the screen is cluttered with items, right clicking a skill just is being treated as you wanting to pick up the item, fix this too.

The unlock system, would it be too much to ask to recognize a location a few kilometres from my location? Lots of EU countries have a dynamic IP. Doing this godforsaken login routine every single day is a huge pita.

Plenty of other stuff to fix, but these are really annoying while playing.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Apr 18, 2015, 6:51:41 AM
"
Rohak wrote:

No Way In Hell(10/10)
· Dps meter

Fixed that for you.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
"
Rohak wrote:

No Way In Hell(10/10)
· Dps meter

Fixed that for you

Someone suggested something very similar to this a while ago, a solution could be a opt in feature
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Rohak wrote:

· Combat log
· Dps meter

I agree with the rest but those ideas would be horrible for the game. You should give World of Warcraft a try, it might be your 10/10.
"
Rohak wrote:

Hmm :) This would be good.. Just some unique maps with base +1000% monster life, but not increasing per party member, so solorunning it would be pain, the optimal would be to run it with 4+ players

Spoiler
the other things you mentioned aren't really new, ggg knows them
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Right clicking means I want the skill on the right mousebutton to cast. Not move + cast the skill. We need an option to treat every button press as if shift is pressed.

You can make an ahk script to solve this. Here's the code:

#IfWinActive, Path of Exile

*RButton::Send {LButton up}{space Down}{RButton down}

*RButton Up::Send {space Up}{RButton up}

I remapped stand ground to space as you can see since it had some issues with shift.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

You can make an ahk script to solve this. Here's the code:

#IfWinActive, Path of Exile

*RButton::Send {LButton up}{space Down}{RButton down}

*RButton Up::Send {space Up}{RButton up}

I remapped stand ground to space as you can see since it had some issues with shift.

Knowing my luck, it'd get me banned for scripting. Besides, I shouldn't have to use 3rd party software to fix a videogame. Is just ridiculous. Thanks for the info though, appreciate the effort.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
"
Rohak wrote:

· Combat log
· Dps meter

I agree with the rest but those ideas would be horrible for the game. You should give World of Warcraft a try, it might be your 10/10.

This.

And since desync is being more or less fixed with 2.0 (I hope, and believe) the emphasiz should be on performance optimization.
I want some sort of "endless farming spot", may it be an endless dungeon like in TL or something completely different.

I just want to progress, and don't be forced to stop every five minutes to reroll maps.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info