Disconnected then RIP

sometimes this game feels like a waste of my time.

when you do nothing wrong, and u die in hc cause of a dissconect.

i know this happens to a lot of people and im not the first one who cry about that.

but i couldnt believe that theres no mechanic who can prevent such deaths.

now act4 hype is gone for me :(((
IGN: Elron
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump! so sad
IGN: Elron
Yeah it does suck balls big time. I just expect to RIP to things "out of my control" now, that way I am always pleasantly surprised when it does not happen :P

It has not happened to me in a long time though, so I think I am due a few cock ups.
Last edited by Varkorium on Apr 18, 2015, 10:04:02 AM
"
Varkorium wrote:
Yeah it does suck balls big time. I just expect to RIP to things "out of my control" now, that way I am always pleasantly surprised when it does not happen :P

It has not happened to me in a long time though, so I think I am due a few cock ups.

Bad luck. Maybe someday a game maker will make a game that can innovate a solution beyond abuse. The simple solution would constant handshakes, and a series of failed handshakes over a short periods kills session.

Obvious downside being constant false positive disconnects and a very chatty game.

Until someone smarter than everyone making online games to date comes along, we have what we have.

Trusting players to be honest is obviously out of the question :)
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 18, 2015, 10:08:31 AM
If you're playing HC right, you'll die AND it wont be 'your fault'.

That's a given.
Welcome to the club.
Always online games... What can you do? Once, both me and my friend got dc'd and we both died.

I could almost hear the D-D-DOUBLE KILL announcer voice from dota when it happened...
Well, no. Actually it wasn't that legendary. It just sucked.

Welcome to the club.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you're playing HC right, you'll die AND it wont be 'your fault'.

That's a given.

Thats about it
I dont see any any key!
I feel like there've been some improvements in that matter over time, though. I occasionally find myself having survived in similar situations, where I thought it would only take a few seconds to kill my char.
getting back into the game for the act 4 hype but too late to join the 1M leagues i decided to try out permanent HC after always playing SC leagues. leveling a cold snap summoner at 74 atm with no disconnects or having to alt f4.

an hour ago i zone into lunaris temple 3 and start running for a good 30 secs then notice my army isnt with me and there are no enemies, spells arent responding so i alt f4 and hope for the best. log in and my toon is still in HC, WP to level 2 run to level 3, when i zone in there are corpses and loot everywhere, my horde must have killed 20+ mobs to protect me while i stood there, definitely a RIP if i was playing anything but a summoner.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info