Weird screeching Noise when exiting the game.

Hi ive been playing path of exile for over 1 year now and have over 1000 hours and about two weeks ago a weird thing started to happen every 1/4th the time i closed the game i want to say. I get this very loud screeching noise for like half a second in my left earcup. I know this is probably something to do with my comp more than the game but i couldnt really find any information about this anywhere so i wanted to create a post to see if i could get more info. Also this only happens in path of exile and not any of the other games i have played in the past month (mostly just CSGO, grimdawn, Pillars of Eternity, H1Z1).

Sorry if this was posted in the wrong area of the forums but i was hoping there might be someone here who knows what im talking about and if you have a suggestion for a fix or if this loud screeching noise can cause harm to headphones (currently Sennheiser 598s with a Schiit Magni amp)

also if it helps, i play path of exile on steam and sometimes when i close the game steam seems to freeze up sometimes (like what happened today when it made the noise) and maybe that has something to do with it? not sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info