Poison cyclone?

I'm running a cycloner with blood rage and working on 5 linking (come on lucky 6L!) my 6S Death's Oath astral plate. Seems like it would be interesting to maybe get a Ming's Heart or something and try to stack some chaos damage. Is it feasible?

I've heard there are a lot of chaos resist mobs but as far as I know there no chaos/poison weakness curse or penetration gem? Is there any at all? Would be badass to have a full on green cyclone laying out desecrated ground and the whole works. I guess it would be more of a role play thing than a real top shelf build but could be fun to play with. Is there a way to make this viable for end game play?

Currently I'm using about a 450 dps Doomsower but have thought about trying out a Wings of Entropy. Would need some serious chaos pen to maintain or improve overall DPS with the WoE though I'm guessing?

Also has there ever been a green cyclone MTX? All I see in the store right now for cyclone is the saw blade and the blue one. The blue one has me thinking about doing a cold based cyclone though - a blizzard! Has that one been done to any great extent?
Oh hell no... All or most of my leech is "% of physical attack damage". Looks like trying to ramp up elemental or chaos damage will kill my tankyness from leech...

damnit!
Don't feel too bad about it, wouldn't work anyway. Item is the source of damage over time on death's oath so you can't scale it by any kind of bonus that applies to you. The only way to increase its dps is by modifying damage that enemies take, with vulnerability curse or something, and that's not nearly enough.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
If you'd like to get some chaos damage in there though, Ming's is pretty good on Cyclone. I run double Ming's on my Disfavour Cycloner and can thoroughly recommend it (as long as you take plenty of life on tree to offset the reduction, of course).
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Anyways, Id also like to know how much chaos resistant enemies really are. I somewhat assume that the chaos resist affix on enemies is lower than ele resist affixes (similar to player mods) but dont know the ele values either:)

Anyone has any information? My next build will most likely utilise chaos dmg and would be nice not having to do the stopwatch testing:)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
Anyways, Id also like to know how much chaos resistant enemies really are. I somewhat assume that the chaos resist affix on enemies is lower than ele resist affixes (similar to player mods) but dont know the ele values either:)

Anyone has any information? My next build will most likely utilise chaos dmg and would be nice not having to do the stopwatch testing:)

Mobs have significantly less chaos resistance. Switching from elemental bow to Voltaxic significantly dropped my tooltip dps but clear speed is much better.
"
Ludvator wrote:

The only thing we know for certain is that their resistance is zero if it doesn't say 'chaos resistant'.

As to exact amount, we got no direct info, but I wouldn't put a resistant monster below 50% resistance to its element of choice in merciless. Most bosses are resistant to elements and chaos, but we also know that amount is lower than on regular monster with one specialized resist.

Chaos builds do suffer from lack of curses to lower chaos resist, however, resistant monsters are more rare and also can't have chaos resist higher than the one they start with, there are no chaos resistance auras or map mods.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
didnt know it was confirmed that the bosses have lower amount, thanks for the info. Would be nice to know ie Atziri value as there is no way to test it out. I could probably find some boss that has chaos res and not ele res and test it using desecrate, searing bond and a stopwatch but it would be useless anyways because she can have different value

e: any Atziri chaos dmg fights experience?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 18, 2015, 10:06:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info