Any news on Steam users and the Beta?

Still curious as to how steam users will get in. Has there been any news of this on reddit yet or somewhere on the forums that I havent seen? Thanks
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
I don't think they've said anything yet.

It'll probably just be a side-install for the CB, as in you run a special installer to install a special binary that connects to special servers.

Once the CB is over and done with, you just uninstall the whole thing and go back to Steam/whatever you were doing normally.
Yes, an update from GGG would be great!
We steam users are second class players...
Did steam make this game possible? no so im not sure why anyone is feeling entitled.

But yes im sure they will have a fix around it for steam users but from what iv seen from other game might be a whole new download for you anyway.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
Why wouldn't steam users just get the same standalone beta client that non-steam users get? This entire issue doesn't make any sense to me. I think they just don't have a solution yet for running the beta through steam(though steam absolutely has infrastructure for this sort of thing).
I dont think GGG will hang us steam folk out to dry
I dont see any any key!
"
xRoque wrote:
Did steam make this game possible? no so im not sure why anyone is feeling entitled.

But yes im sure they will have a fix around it for steam users but from what iv seen from other game might be a whole new download for you anyway.

Whilst it did not make it possible, Steam helps with the numbers, 4000 as I type with a top of 6000 for the day.

If it means downloading another client, then so be it, I already have their stand alone client beside my steam version, and a stand alone in a VM.

Besides, given this is an entirely different patch, my guess is even NON steam client users who are in the beta will need a NEW client, a BETA client.
Last edited by iamnotspock on Apr 17, 2015, 10:29:05 PM
"
iamnotspock wrote:
"
xRoque wrote:

Whilst it did not make it possible, Steam helps with the numbers, 4000 as I type with a top of 6000 for the day.

If it means downloading another client, then so be it, I already have their stand alone client beside my steam version, and a stand alone in a VM.

Besides, given this is an entirely different patch, my guess is even NON steam client users who are in the beta will need a NEW client, a BETA client.

You don't have to guess, fyi. GGG has already confirmed this; that's why there will be a separate "download now" link.

I think the steam question is just if they'll bother integrating with Steam similar to some other games that have test clients (DotA 2 springs to mind).
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
iamnotspock wrote:
We steam users are second class players...
Its not GGG's fault that dealing with a 3rd party can lead to complications.

That being said, it'll work out one way or another.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info