Fed up with this chrome crap.

"
Wispo wrote:

For example, my CI arc witch. I am a little bored of arc (BBBR) and, cause the vicinity of an already spent point (ghost reaver) to claw's "wheel", i would like to try for a while a cycloner claw blinder witch... but the colours? Even a miserable 4 link would be: Cyclone GREEN, melee damage on full life RED, blind GREEN, added chaos damage BLUE. Now try to get those colours on full int gear (i'm ES CI, i remember) -.-

And you don't have any boots, gloves or helmets with these colours? And why would you socket MDoFL instead of MPD?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Why even try to get 4 off colors on a 4 socket chest piece? Chances are if it's not high enough level or not good enough to not bother getting more than 4 sockets on it to begin with you will most likely replace the damn thing in a very short time anyway.
The OP is deadset on using a chest we know nothing about for a build we know nothing about. There's a good chance he has a crappy chest that isn't worth the chroms he's putting into it and another chest that will allow him to easily chrom for his skills. He's not willing to make choices or sacrifices to progress which may enable him to find gear or skill combinations that are better suited for his planned build.

Honestly, I just hear stubborn whining. If you don't like the cost, try a different way to accomplish the goal cheaper. If you want to do it a specific way, suck it up.

These were quite a bit more than 76 chrom to get what I needed in order to progress, but it will be remarkably more expensive to get exactly what I want for this build.
Last edited by PenPen79 on Apr 18, 2015, 1:25:13 PM
"
Miská wrote:
I would like to see the day that all the people that say the offcolor affinity on items should be removed will try to get any color on any item the way they want it. It makes it easy to determine how many chromes you need for each item tbh. In poe complaints are mostly because of lack of understanding mechanics.

Agreed. If it was completely random getting 4-5 of the same color would be a pain. The way it is now you just need to make sure you're using the correct armor type.

Now, a 5 and 6 of the same color deal on Vorici for an exorbitant fee, that's an idea.
"
TorpedoJones wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
I would like to see the day that all the people that say the offcolor affinity on items should be removed will try to get any color on any item the way they want it. It makes it easy to determine how many chromes you need for each item tbh. In poe complaints are mostly because of lack of understanding mechanics.

Agreed. If it was completely random getting 4-5 of the same color would be a pain. The way it is now you just need to make sure you're using the correct armor type.

Now, a 5 and 6 of the same color deal on Vorici for an exorbitant fee, that's an idea.
What confuses me about this thread is that chromatics are the easiest part about crafting in the entire game, I find it quite an elegant system.

I didnt like where the system was before masters were added to the game, but with masters I think its really great since you get more choices available to you

• Settle for a piece of gear that can easily roll the colours you need
  • Work against the system to get specific colours on a very specific item

For example, I had a character that uses full ES gear, but I chose an armour helm because I wanted a 4 red combo. It cost me 1 chromatic to get the colours I wanted because I got a peice of gear that doesnt fit too well with my character defensively, but I make the most of it as best I can.

"
k1rage wrote:

I im kinda tired of Chrome too lol

Don't use NSA-Chrome people
Let the games begin
brb going to grab 76 chroms in the couch cushions
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 19, 2015, 1:40:17 AM
What if you could auto-roll for a desired result? Not reducing the RNG (yes GGG, we praise RNG rah rah etc *tired sigh*) but just getting the game to stop at your desired result rather than going past your X offcolour accidentally... Could reduce rage significantly.

Pretty sure they put in the 6socket/6link limitations (can't keep trying to socket/fuse) for that reason... And possibly due to some hatemail ;)
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
I bet its evasion chest and 5L

It's funny due to the double 'evasion' variable.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

For example, my CI arc witch. I am a little bored of arc (BBBR) and, cause the vicinity of an already spent point (ghost reaver) to claw's "wheel", i would like to try for a while a cycloner claw blinder witch... but the colours? Even a miserable 4 link would be: Cyclone GREEN, melee damage on full life RED, blind GREEN, added chaos damage BLUE. Now try to get those colours on full int gear (i'm ES CI, i remember) -.-

And you don't have any boots, gloves or helmets with these colours? And why would you socket MDoFL instead of MPD?

Yes an helm. But equipping it over my actual helm, i would lose 1.7k ES (and 200 ES regen/sec, too). This is one of the worst things of PoE: you must HINDER your true potential only to have "the right" to use that damn different coloured gems. And i am talking of simple 4 links. But we all well know that, for being efficient in clearing high level maps, a 6 link is MANDATORY. And the rng with the number 6 it's just the most stupid thing i have ever dealt with
Last edited by Wispo on Apr 19, 2015, 6:21:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info