Fed up with this chrome crap.

"
choopk1993 wrote:
Yup they need to do away with chromes entirely and let us configure the colors of our socket. Best QOL improvement imo. This kind of chrome frustrations made more people rage quit than gain players. It restricts game play severely.

True words. The rng must be ABANDONED. The chromes must be THREE

red chrome, colours of red a green/blue socket
blue chrome, colours of blue a red/green socket
green chrome, colours of green a blue/red socket

It is a shit that a player must FEAR to change gem setup because of the different colours needed -.-
Imo they should disconnet gem links and sockets from items altogether.

Theres nothing worse than finding an upgrade while levling a new character and being unable to use it without blowing fuses/jews on an item nobody wants a week later into the league.
system is fine as is.
A guildmate of mine used like 6 thousand chromes to get his desired colors on his Shav's.
He did not go ahead and make a post on the forum about how chromes suck.
76 is a very small amount of chromes, relatively speaking. It should be expected to not get 4 blue sockets on a non-INT item so quickly.
Another quality ZAP! post.
I find the equivalent of 76 chromes during one map. And I never had problems rolling needed colors. Maybe don't try to roll 6 blues on a pure strength chest?
"
H4xolotl wrote:

Theres nothing worse than finding an upgrade while levling a new character and being unable to use it without blowing fuses/jews on an item nobody wants a week later into the league.

Why even change items? Just make it so my weapon automatically gets more damage per level up. Also we should get 100 life and 100 mana per level. And please make crit automatically 100%. Also make bots legal so I don't have to play myself.

Good god... you people.
The games was always about the Stereotypes of classes and how you can branch out, but at a cost.
Chromes are one of the most obvious of these.
You want to play a dex character with dex skills? Easy. Rolling Green socket is not hard at all on dex gear.

You want to play a dex character with int skills? You have to pay. Int -> Int/XYZ -> XYZ It gets progressively more costly the more you want to defy the Stereotype.

It is a core system of the game also mirrored in the Pasive tree. Wanting a lot of the Int nodes with a Ranger will cost you way more passive points than getting a lot of dex nodes.

I like the system how it is. I think it is OK how it is.

I could make a compromise though and say that, if they change something, they could change the magnitude of the "weightiness".

Spoiler
People trying to homogenize PoE. Oh the humanity. You don't like the Socketing, the fusing, the chroming and other currency? Yeah, the game must be at fault. Instead of changing PoE to be like any other shitty Isometric Hack'n'Slash ARPG, why don't you try one of those that is already more like the game you want to turn PoE into.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Apr 18, 2015, 6:06:53 AM
"
H4xolotl wrote:

I agree with you mate!!!

Ahhhh, how many times i was FORCED to equip gear pieces INFERIORS to the best ones in my stash, only because the superior ones doesn't have the right damn colours for my build!!!! It is foolishness to try to recolour "yours" best items to try a new gem setup, because in the case that this new setup reveals itself like unsatisfying, there is the real risk of cannot having back the colours needed by your previous gem setup... because of chromes!!!

For example, my CI arc witch. I am a little bored of arc (BBBR) and, cause the vicinity of an already spent point (ghost reaver) to claw's "wheel", i would like to try for a while a cycloner claw blinder witch... but the colours? Even a miserable 4 link would be: Cyclone GREEN, melee damage on full life RED, blind GREEN, added chaos damage BLUE. Now try to get those colours on full int gear (i'm ES CI, i remember) -.-

"
Xavderion wrote:
ye chroming is shit jewing is ok fusing is ok but chroming is just a different level of bullshit

^ This is actually one of the types of RNG I hate in PoE. Vorici helped somewhat on it woth the "at least 2 (blue/green/red) sockets", but I personally think that option should continue when leveling him until you reach something like "at least 4 (blue/green/red) sockets" ...

My personal experience is that it would improve the game by miles for many people. The RNG with Fusings and Jewellers I like though, so please don't change that (too much at least).
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Apr 18, 2015, 6:12:35 AM
"
Destructor666 wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:

Why even change items? Just make it so my weapon automatically gets more damage per level up. Also we should get 100 life and 100 mana per level. And please make crit automatically 100%. Also make bots legal so I don't have to play myself.

Good god... you people.

Give up now fool! You'll never be as funny as our one and only saviour BerMalBerIst
Last edited by H4xolotl on Apr 18, 2015, 6:37:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info