Please add a Fusing recipe

From all orbs I continously need, Fusings are the most rare ones. The currency recipe is pretty expensive, Vorici's too. I suggest to add the following recipe for 1 Orb of Fusing: one completely unlinked 4s item.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
lol what?

8 alts per fuse too expensive? it is one of the most usable recipes in the game, you want to see total garbage look at the vendor prices for alchemy orbs... now THAT is bending over a table level of bad deal.
"
Salumba wrote:
From all orbs I continously need, Fusings are the most rare ones. The currency recipe is pretty expensive, Vorici's too. I suggest to add the following recipe for 1 Orb of Fusing: one completely unlinked 4s item.

Wait, wait, wait...

You're asking for any four socket item to give a fusing, when a six socket item gives seven jeweler's?

Uh, no. That's asinine.

How about a six-linked item gives some fusings, of which the amount is decided by GGG?

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
lol what?

8 alts per fuse too expensive? it is one of the most usable recipes in the game, you want to see total garbage look at the vendor prices for alchemy orbs... now THAT is bending over a table level of bad deal.

^ This.
"
Salumba wrote:

let it have at least one white socket and i'm fine with it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The OP's call for a fusing recipe I believe is well placed.

His offered recipe, however, misses the mark by about the radius of Jupiter's orbit.

No, a 6 linked item sells for a divine. That won't do. Besides, getting a 6 link is orders of magnitude harder than getting a 6 slot. Those at least drop on their own with unremarkable frequency.

Something like vendoring X [base item type] fully linked yeilds Y fusing orbs? Kinda like how the orb of chance recipy works...? Something? I dunno...

20 fusings a day from jewelers is kinda stifling from an economic standpoint - and the upscaling through Elreon from alterations is more like 20 fusings every 3.2 days... which is inordinately worse.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Apr 17, 2015, 5:25:02 PM
"
TikoXi wrote:
The OP's call for a fusing recipe I believe is well placed.

His offered recipe, however, misses the mark by about the radius of Jupiter's orbit.

No, a 6 linked item sells for a divine. That won't do. Besides, getting a 6 link is orders of magnitude harder than getting a 6 slot. Those at least drop on their own with unremarkable frequency.

Something like vendoring X [base item type] fully linked yeilds Y fusing orbs? Kinda like how the orb of chance recipy works...? Something? I dunno...

20 fusings a day from jewelers is kinda stifling from an economic standpoint - and the upscaling through Elreon from alterations is more like 20 fusings every 3.2 days... which is inordinately worse.

By the same logic six socket items shouldn't give seven jeweler's. Cause it takes far, far more than seven to get that. Even five sockets take more than that.

Six socket items should give fusings, and I have no idea why GGG made it a divine. So strange, yet GGG has a tendency to be strange and illogical.
"

lol... *puts on grandpa hat*

Back in my day, we didn't have any fancy Forgotten Masters to mollycoddle us.

We sold portal->trans->aug->alt->jew->fuse... and we liked it.

And we didn't have any of this deterministic "1500 fuses to automagically 6-link" either.

We vendored and traded every last scrap of currency into fuses, and beat our heads against the RNG wall until they bled.

By "please add a fusing recipe" you mean "I'm trying to 6l an item when I only have 1 character above level 65, and it's taking me more than a couple of weeks so please change the fusing recipe that the game has had since open beta so I can acquire endgame gear without 'work'."

P.S.

Sorry if I come across as an *hole. But 6-linking is supposed to be one of the hardest things in the game. It took me literally months of sinking all of my currency into it to get my first 6l, and it's already a LOT easier to do now than it used to be. Fuses are already worth less than they were for the first nearly 2 years of the game (during which time they were rock-solid stable), and doing this would devalue them greatly.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Last edited by tsftd on Apr 18, 2015, 7:05:20 AM
"
tsftd wrote:
"

lol... *puts on grandpa hat*

Back in my day, we didn't have any fancy Forgotten Masters to mollycoddle us.

We sold portal->trans->aug->alt->jew->fuse... and we liked it. <snip>

No, you didn't like it. You bitched about it day-in, day-out, every day of the week and thrice on a Sunday. Don't you lie to me, Grandpa. I remember the whining. I remember the pages of forum threads. I remember the day when the masters were announced. I remember the outrage when people said 1500 was too little. I remember the backlash when people said 1500 was too much. There were tantrums on every side of the isle.

Don't you go giving us your nostalgia crap. The community fucking HATED the vendor exchanges...which is partially why we had such a rampant botting problem for so long.

Re: Deflating Fusing Value
Congratulations! You've found the fucking point!
Spoiler
Fusings are the third most overvalued orb in the game (behind exalted and GCP's) because their droprate lines up with their build consumption rate about as closely as Jupiter. And no, don't tell me that you can just buy them from Clarissa - that exchange rate is so apocalyptically bad, it's not even funny.

To quote a person far wiser than me:
"
"Tradition: Just cause you've always done it doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid."
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Apr 18, 2015, 7:53:23 AM
The problem is that, unlike top tier items like say Shavs, you don't have to save up and buy linking at once. With something like Shavs, people (who don't have it) are not going to make a build that expects to have it. They know how expensive it is, they know how much income they have, they can see that it's just not gonna happen.

With linking, however, you can just throw stuff at it as you get it. Which has led to this mindset where people think that everyone should be able to have a 6l. It's not true. Not any more than the idea that everyone should have a Shavs is true. 6linking an item costs 20-30ex. If you can't afford that, then you can't afford a 6l.

"Fusings are the third most overvalued orb in the game (behind exalted and GCP's) because their droprate lines up with their build consumption rate about as closely as Jupiter."

This is just silly. By this logic, we should be dropping GCPs like alts because every gem for every build needs 20q. Oh, and let's just exalt every single item with a T1 base or 2. And every map. While we're at it, how are divines not overvalued? Shouldn't everyone be able to div perfect rolls on all their gear?

The real world corollary to this is: Diamonds are expensive. But everyone uses them (for rings, lasers, etc). Therefore, the world should have more diamonds.

Honestly, I had to pick the most overvalued, it's be Blesseds because nobody ever wants to trade for them lol...
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info