Is this EV/ES armour worth 6-linking?

I am using this for my CI/Flicker chaaracter. Thinking of 6-linking it but it feels a bit like a waste to 6L a 5L. Would probably be best to sell it and get another with similar stats with less than 5L but problem is that I don't find any other armour with similar stats (looking primary on ES) which is also not 5/6L (or doesn't cost like 150ex for a GL). Also this armour already have the colors I need (RRRRGB). Getting 4 ooff-color is painful enough. Trying to convince myself it is worth it :) so I don't think why did I spend 1500 fusings on that armour.

I would not 6L it. Buy a better one armor+es, u wont have problems with colors there ;)

Yes, es rolls r nice, dex and res r not and u got stun recovery instead(u probably use eye of chayula) of other attribute(master) or res.
I probably wouldnt 6L it tbh mate. I dont think an armour has to be amazingly GG to deserve 1500 fusing put into it but Id want something that was a lot closer, like 5 out of 6 stats being fairly strong rolls of the bis affixes at least.

Standard is a bit messy, I feel like people have linked and flipped almost all the worth while chests that have been hanging around. If I was in your position this is what Id probably do, use it as is for now, next softcore temp league when A4 lands go play it, make a budget build that can farm like mad, keep up a shop, make a lot of temp league currency and keep an eye on xyz for a really sick chest thats a blatant upgrade for you. Es pieces are going to be a lot cheaper in temp leagues, stuff is going to be going up for sale unlinked at budget prices, 10x the amount of gear is going to be entering the economy day by day due to the massive influx of players temp leagues get etc. Grab a better armour there for cheap, sell a ton of items for fusing, when the leagues merge at the end you can bench link it back on standard and have yourself an armour thats now worth that 100-150ex price tag youre seeing on really good 6L ci gear. You might even be able to just 6L it in the temp league, early in the temp league even, 1500 fusing stack up pretty quick in a temp.
Hard to get a hybrid es/ev (or es/ar) with better ES for a decent price though. You can get a Vall regalia with better ES stats but they are hard to get red sockets on (5 off-color seems hard), But yes other stats are not that great. Waiting for some better armour to show up maybe.

For this char I don't need better resists but having better resits gives you more options replacing other parts
ya, but expensive in standard where big money players are playing beastly ci builds, not so expensive in a temp league where people are avoiding ci because of the rarity of the gear. Heres an example, this is my ci melee witches hat

cost me 15 exalts in ambush league, my ci was back on softcore, but I bought it there to take back home. If I search for a 450 es hat on softcore right now theres one that isnt even as good as mine for 60 exalts, then the next cheapest one is 100 exalts, that one has 300 accuracy and 483 es but it has chaos resist.. so honestly i still refer mine, and thats 100 exalts, the next one up is 150 exalts, I paid 15.

You would be hard pushed to get more es on a hybrid for sure, would take like 3x T1 prefixes which is highly unlikely. But honestly, I would even go for slightly lower ES but with a flat evasion or armour roll too, with preferably tri resist or dual resist with int. Having 1 free suffix so you can flip between 30% benched resist to balance other gear would also be really nice. My ci chest has 545 es, but it has 1470 armour with tripple resist. You cna hit 590 es on a carnal with 2 prefixes, I feel like getting a flat evasion roll for that 1400 evasion is what Id want at that point, more resists then getting better es on other slots to make up the 70 you lost.

I dunno, thats just my opinion, its a game and its about having fun so whatever floats your boat mate, if you want to link that one then go for it.
Nice helmet!

Low-life builds are probably what is driving the inflated prices for ES stuff more than CI builds. LL builds will probably use Shav's and not other ES armour but do inflate price on all ES stuff I guess.

You can get some stuff really cheap on temp leagues, usually stuff the stuff which would be worth 10 ex or more on standard. Stuff which cost maybe max 3 ex on std might be more expensive on temp leagues though. I think I got something like 3 ex for my BoR when price was less than 1 ex on std. Bought a 320 dps dagger for 3 ex on torment (cheapest ATM on std is like 10 ex).

I really don't care if I 6L something which should be worth 50 ex or something 6L. But I do want to be able to get my investment back. And not sure that I will get 6L that armour (and since the expansion is close you never know what it will change). And I am also thinking that AR/ES might be a better choice. I choosed EV/ES since I have high dex and +% to evasion picking up nodes in the shadow area. But I only have like 22% evasion so really not worth it (and I dropped some 5% ES/8% EV nodes for pure ES today). if I take a jade I get like 50% ev though. So I am thinking about getting an AR/ES chest instead. If I do find a decent one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info