The Awakening Update: New Skills

Am I right in assuming that Fire, Cold, Elemental & Chaos modifiers from passives and gear will improve the damage of the appropriate Golem?
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
So excited, the gems look so sweet !

So many possibilities ! So much hype , can't wait <3
Woooooow!
Rallying Cry and Abyssal Cry
its time to taunt :)
its time for my tank build :)
Puncture + melee phys + melee splash + fortify and Double strike + multi strike + melee phys + blood lust with deer horn claw build
"
Rufus82 wrote:
Am I right in assuming that Fire, Cold, Elemental & Chaos modifiers from passives and gear will improve the damage of the appropriate Golem?

According to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Minions
"
Neither passive skills nor stats from your other equipment affect minions unless they specifically say "Minions _____".

Probably not since Golem skills have the "Minion" keyword.
Last edited by SuperMotte on Apr 17, 2015, 4:23:20 AM
Golems already seem a must have, the buff is pretty huge!
As I primarily use ice and lightning spells, I think its peculiar that the ice golem isn't really useful to me per se, and there doesn't appear to be a lighting based one at the moment.

I've been playing around replacing coldsnap with summon spectre to see if I like the idea of a single minion and even without any minion passives its shown significant promise in making necropolis Merveil and double Labyrinth bosses quite a bit easier. I just have a skullhead on to give them SOME love, even though it gimps my chaos res.

I got to 92 a few days ago and tried Atziri for the first time. My choice of skills didn't really come into play so much as my getting splatted by flameblast repeatedly.

Although judging from how I see most people play, not too many people roll with Ball Lightning and Ice Nova...at all not just for that fight.

One major improvement to that fight I would suggest is to not have the floor, the storm call circles, and flameblast circles ALL be red. I'm not color blind but it was hard to even see where I theoretically WOULD have been able to warp to to be safe in the .25 of a second I had to avoid the burnination.

Still, I appreciate there is still a boss or two I'm not able to kill so easy :)

I can't say how having a chaos or fire golem around will improve my chances on that particular fight, or if the things will even be able to keep up with me since other minions barely can currently. The passive buff from just having them loose and running around is the main draw there.

Abyssal cry looks so sweet, and I'd totally use it and all the other new melee skills if I could even stand playing melee. Believe me I keep trying, but when I can clear a whole screen without even getting hit with spells, its kinda hard to trade that for having to actually target a mob and only hit it and maybe a few things around it, and then do that for every single damn group and then have to deal with accuracy and constantly replacing my weapon to do slightly more damage...its just not my thing.

Luckily this game has a lot of things, including a bow that summons minions upcoming.
Last edited by RubySydell on Apr 17, 2015, 4:24:50 AM
So, will this patch come with a doubling of socket number per equipment piece? Because I'm already out of sockets (and shortcuts) on all my chars. And since golems are both minions and spells, they can easily take a 6L for themselves. It also means they'll be a little gimped for melee chars, because those can't easily augment spell damage (maybe there's a jewel for that?).

Also, the fortify gem doesn't actually say what it does. I had to read the description for fortify to get an idea. GGG may want to take another look at that.
That is too much hype for my heart. I can't hold it.

Beta my ass.
"
The catch with this Support Gem is that you cannot apply a bleed directly with the supported skill, so clever interweaving of abilities is necessary.

Even by having "Melee chance to bleed"(from tree) and "Razor's Edge"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info