Will Act 4 be the final act ever added to PoE?

I was reading some of the information about Act 4 posted on the site recently, and while reading on "The Awakening" page I spotted a phrase that brings some worry to my mind.
"
Now you are called to one final struggle, one that will doom or redeem Wraeclast forever.
It calls Act 4 the final struggle. Does this mean that the story is over after Act 4, and there will not be an Act 5 / Expansion of sorts at some point in the future?

Don't get me wrong GGG has done a FANTASTIC job with PoE, it's got some of the best replay value on the market, but I feel like things were just picking up in Act 3, so ending in Act 4 seems like a shame. I hope you guys continue! I would personally love to see a chapter in which the nightmare of Wraeclast extends to the mainland and you go back to face those who banished you in the first place.
No just no.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The answer is no.
"
The answer is no.
Awesome.
They have said in the past that they plan to develop poe for 10 years (presumable starting from when open beta began i guess?).

They have also said they plan to add so many acts that they will be able to make the whole game one mode (eliminate cruel and merc)

They also said they plan to have 9 or 10 acts in total (might be remembering this one wrong?) but clearly things change and at this rate they wont hit that mark (who knows).
The answer is not no, and not yes.

GGG said if they get support there will be more acts. If not, than this is the last act.
So support GGG (with $$$) if you want to see more acts
http://paulsemel.com/exclusive-interview-path-of-exile-the-awakening-technical-director-jonathan-rogers/

"
Interviewer: Obviously, The Awakening is adding a lot. But is your thinking that this is it for Path Of Exile, that you’ll next move on to Path Of Exile II: Electric Boogaloo, or are you already planning another massive expansion?

Jonathan: I can’t answer that question because we don’t know. As long as people keep playing the game, we’ll keep making content for it. So if this goes really well, and people want another big expansion, we’ll do one. And I’ll admit, we have ideas for where the story could go.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
Splift wrote:
They have said in the past that they plan to develop poe for 10 years (presumable starting from when open beta began i guess?).

They have also said they plan to add so many acts that they will be able to make the whole game one mode (eliminate cruel and merc)

They also said they plan to have 9 or 10 acts in total (might be remembering this one wrong?) but clearly things change and at this rate they wont hit that mark (who knows).
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. It's really refreshing to see a company with big goals in mind, other than the simple and quick cash grab we see so often these days.
"
Arcaneswrath wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. It's really refreshing to see a company with big goals in mind, other than the simple and quick cash grab we see so often these days.
Keep in mind all of that goes way back. It does show that they do have high aspirations for this game tho.

Things change, possibly for the better even since the game is doing better than they expected (i think?)

That being said I remember one of their original goals was to have paid custom leagues that people could set up so it just goes to show things can be taken off the table.
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info