DX 12 question

This is aimed at the guys at GGG. With Windows 10 approaching, with DirectX 12 and the insanely higher %'s that all graphics cards will be seeing with renders per second, are there any plans to change anything over to DX12?
Pretty sure PoE is all in dx9 (?).

So I wouldn't count on it.
PoE was written using DirectX 9, it's not going to be using DX12.
At this point, I'd rather see Vulkan over DX12 (considering both aim to provide low overhead, but Vulkan can actually run on other operating systems), but I'm pretty sure anything past DX9 is a bit much to ask for.

Maybe with PoE 2 though.
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
@ionface thats correct but a example is World of Warcraft this game was released november 2004 and was written using directx 9 and now we can use directx 11.

Where is the problem to imported directx 12 on PoE?

Why do you care which version of DirectX?

The version affects the developers much more than it affects the users... You have it installed anyway most likely.
Directx 12 increased the performance! and PoE has a bad performance!
DX12 increases performance for things coded against it.

PoE wasn't coded against DX12, and it's likely a huge undertaking to do so due to deprecated functions and other problems.

It's highly unlikely they'll change to DX12 anytime soon... if ever (for this version of PoE)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info