HC people that tried SC for the first time.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
hc players deciding its ok to just die all the time, playing that way, then finding the game feels like shit if you just die all the time. If youre skilled hc players you should be able to hit the lvl80 4/4 without dying anyway so why would u play the game any different to hc and why would it feel any different to hc? you play both like a pro and never die right? You shouldnt even notice theres any difference.

I just dont get the mindsets tbh, do you actually care about playing the game properly or is it something that has to be forced on your by the league mod otherwise you just revert to a natural state of playing like a scrub? If you dont take the game seriously then of course it feels pointless. You should care about dying because it says that you sucked, and sucking should feel like shit because you have pride in your play. I guess thats just my personal take on things, any league I play if I die it feels like shit, regardless of the league Im just as angry at myself on the pure principal of it.

AMEN!

These softcore haters are clearly trying to compensate for something in their lifes...
first time play in SC and that was my first attemp going to CI. reached lvl 80 within 6.5k Energy shield.
i died 21 time so far, energy shield mechanic need a seriously rework! ES is awful !!!
Delete on death.
I love all those HC elitists acting like playing HC is any better than SC. Both leagues have their flavors and I'd love to see less of that "I cna no taek of be imortael".
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
muhomorov wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
hc players deciding its ok to just die all the time, playing that way, then finding the game feels like shit if you just die all the time. If youre skilled hc players you should be able to hit the lvl80 4/4 without dying anyway so why would u play the game any different to hc and why would it feel any different to hc? you play both like a pro and never die right? You shouldnt even notice theres any difference.

I just dont get the mindsets tbh, do you actually care about playing the game properly or is it something that has to be forced on your by the league mod otherwise you just revert to a natural state of playing like a scrub? If you dont take the game seriously then of course it feels pointless. You should care about dying because it says that you sucked, and sucking should feel like shit because you have pride in your play. I guess thats just my personal take on things, any league I play if I die it feels like shit, regardless of the league Im just as angry at myself on the pure principal of it.

AMEN!

These softcore haters are clearly trying to compensate for something in their lifes...

Not sure why you feel the need to be this defensive. Aren't people allowed to simply dislike a league? Are they immediately 'haters' and 'compensating' just because the parameters of the league aren't fun to them? Jeez.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Perq wrote:
I love all those HC elitists acting like playing HC is any better than SC. Both leagues have their flavors and I'd love to see less of that "I cna no taek of be imortael".

HC is no better than SC, its all a matter of personal preference I cant stand SC but I know plenty of players that cant stand HC

Play what you enjoy most
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Apr 16, 2015, 4:04:13 PM
Whenever I play on SC, I make sure to play like HC - even if I have 3-4k life in shit 78 maps I will try my hardest to not die - if anything I think it makes me a better player when I go back onto HC.

Like for e.g. I was playing dual wand CI (yeah, you can smell the gimpiness already) to 80 on my SC character, died only once from 66-80 and I was severely dissapointed in myself (I got frozen kiting Haast and got Ice Speared) because I knew that if I used my flasks more precisely I would have survived.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Please don't get me wrong, I am only speaking hypotethically.
IF you are going to sell your lv80 character to whatever person. A HC character is always worth more than a SC one.
P.S. Softcore players mocking Hardcore players for using logout macros are full of shit or never reached level 90+. Or they are stuck at one level for months.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. Cheesing content by brute force just because you can is a reflection of your personal character. Not a reflection of difficulty. And alot of people here assume that's what every softcore player does.

It's actually exactly a reflection of difficulty. Imposing rules one yourself you made up (e.g. not die in softcore) is your personal playstyle. But the objective difficulty is set by the parameters GGG gave us. And since dying literally doesn't matter while progressing through the game, 'cheesing' is a perfectly valid strategy because there is no incentive to stay alive.

Logging out is cheese as well, all cheese is valid. Thats why its called cheese and not exploit. Your getting away with shitty behavior that isn't technically against the rules but is still frowned upon. So yes brute force cheese is a legitimate strategy but it still makes you a lamer. Just like logging out. To me that is a total reflection of character.
Both softcore and hardcore players log out...

I don't see why everyone seems to think it's only hardcore...
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info