Game crash when switching to fullscreen

I stand corrected. Right after my reply I alt+tabbed back to game and screen went black with no sound.

Now giving error messages:

Fatal error
Error loading shader: %1% Shaders/DownScaledParticles.fx

click ok

Failed to load Shaders/DownScaledParticles.fx

click ok

The D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released

click ok

Failed creating Direct3D device objects.

click ok and the game shuts down.
Are you running any other software in the background which might be interfering with the video card or drivers at all? Anything that has any game overlays, or video capture?

My only suggestion at this point is to attempt a re-install of your OS with PoE and your video card drivers only. See if PoE works properly without other software installed.

I know it's a pain, and it's alright if you don't want to do that.. but there has to be some other driver or software interfering with the process.
I happen to have a fresh win7 installation at hand. I'll try with that tomorrow. Thank you for your time and help. Again.
Ok. Now I have fresh win7 installed with drivers and most of the games I play regularly. I haven't installed any of the windows optional updates, only the necessary ones. I have experienced no crashes or anything so it looks like this is fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info