SC people that tried HC for the first time.

"
enveratise wrote:

And I don't think the perception of "HC = [Removed by Support]" is that widespread. It's just the counterpart of every other derogatory term aimed at standard leagues... Which is (also) voiced out by an annoyingly vocal group of people.

I have to agree with this. i was skeptical before creating this thread but I'm glad to see that there aren't many people that actually think like that:)
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 6:13:00 PM
Liked one month HC. Tried facebreaker cyclone marauder. Ripped at 38, was due to my own foolishness, fun never the less.

Liked the economics.

But starting anew due to stupid mistake is just way to much time consuming if you can play only 2 or 3 hours every two days.

First time i played duelist tho ^.^ Will try out next HC, till first RIP.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 16, 2015, 7:00:09 AM
"
vvooee wrote:
In SC i can just play with the skill i want to play from the level i can start to use it and if needed brute force my way through the game, but in HC thats not the case at least for me.

This is pretty much I do every HC league and I've reached 80+ in every single one, and I'm one of those that refuse to log out to save my life unless it's a massive desync. If I'm about to die to my own stupidity I take it to the face and restart because I don't like the idea of logging out being able to save you.

I might not level as fast as people do in SC but ~6-8 hours from level 1 to Merciless A3 feels good enough for me.

Edit: sorry TS, not one of those that did this league as my first HC league ;) So this didn't change my perspective on HC at all. Since I tried HC the first time I never bothered with anything else in any game.
Last edited by TiasE on Apr 16, 2015, 7:31:16 AM
Im the only person in my guild that plays hc usually (although I play way more softcore). However this time around because of the challenge mtx set pretty much my entire guild whove been online gave it a go. Some of them just ripped early a few times and said fk this, but some of them persevered and got their 4/4 hc, it was nice to see. Some sad moments like people dying to game crashes in the late 70s but you know, to be expected I guess.

I dont think any of us are going to go hc only, we love our softcore leagues, but maybe a few might join me in hc from time to time in the future, esp if theres mtx incentives tied to shorter leagues like this. I think it was healthy for the game, sure I got 8/8 in 1 week because Im just stupidly no life like that but people who play a realistic amount of time could actually achieve the 4/4 if they worked at it and I think regular players need a bit of that now and then.
I don't know about you guys, but if the efforts justify the rewards, I'm game.

Just do whatever it takes to get all the challenges done!

That includes leveling to 65 with the Reverberation Rod Incinerate before switching out to a better wand.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
I went HC for the first time to get the Cosmetics. In the end it was easyer than expected - got 4/4 on the first Char. Was in ok expirience and i must admit the last fight against Dominus for the last challange was pritty tense. But besides that it was all about beeing patient, thinking ahead, dont doing stuff i would like to do and holding me back (and logging out sometimes). I can not say that my mind changed in anyway since that was pitty much what i was expacting.

I might do it again if the reward is right, but it did not make me a hc fan or somthing. Good thing is, now i appreciate the benefits of playing sc much more.
This was my first hc experience for the red armor, I found its actually really fun. But I also had to take breaks as I lost my sanity very fast
Meta = cattle

-ty men
No - I keep trying hardcore, and I find it to be just the same as softcore, only more stressful.

Some people like that. I don't.

(but at least your XP curve is smoother cause you don't keep dying...)
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I tried Hardcore out this league and I'll probably stick to softcore for the time being. It's extremely stressful and I'm awful at it. I lean towards melee builds as my preference, so I generally make pretty rippy builds. I can see how hardcore is for some people, but I don't think it's the end all be all some hardcore players make it out to be.

That said, if GGG creates another enticing challenge rewards based on hardcore, I'll probably try it again. I just don't think I'll enjoy it as much as I do softcore.
good topic

I will - depending on league mods - definitely step back to HC at one point, and be it only to hit 90 :-)
IGN: WildTortillaFart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info