FF and PoE

Maybe they could add Rhoa racing(chocobo) including the breeding and rearing of rare Rhoas...finaly albino rhoas in the game.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The reason why I flicker is because of omnislash. Now only left missing but can't ever happen are guardian force / eidolons.
i just want this music to play after I kill a boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk
I dont see any any key!
"
GDSLICK wrote:
omg I love tactics so much

I want celia and lede's "stop bracelet" attack.

OT: Any FFT fans that also have an interest/enjoyment of Dwarf Fortress might want to check out Stonehearth. Shaping up to be pretty sweet.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Trinity2012 wrote:
what specific FF type ideas would you see working in PoE?

Nobuo Uematsu. Let's get him working on the music for Act 5.

And yeah, Final Fantasy Tactics was the bomb.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
delete
Last edited by Brickstain on Dec 6, 2019, 3:21:34 AM
"
Brickstain wrote:
Anyone who experienced the struggles of grinding in FF-VII, would love PoE.

FF7 was and is one of my all time favorites and I love poe as well so yeah your logic work for me lol
I dont see any any key!
Job system is awesome, I'm really enjoying it in Bravely Default (FF spinoff for 3ds).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Not FF, but... a system that I've been dying to see in an online RPG is the soul skill system from Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

There was a badass D2 mod that did this and I've been looking for the name for like 30 minutes now and still can't find it. Pretty sure it wasn't Eastern Sun or Zy El or Nez... certainly not MXL.

Anyway, every enemy that you killed had a chance to drop a ring which granted +1 to an oskill version of what that enemy did. The player's tree was entirely passives (not unlike the PoE tree), so it was about maximizing synergies related to the enemy skills you wanted to use.

The core idea is that if you saw an enemy use a skill and you liked that skill, you just beat that enemy to death over and over again until it was yours and then there were lots of ways to modify it. Bosses were not exempt from this.

In PoE parlance, it would be "enemy-drop only skill gems" (which get support gems and the passive tree as they already exist) that drop at a low rate and come from fixed enemies, and quest rewards would entirely be support gems. Every class would start with some simple skill that is the "base" of their class.

Ex.
Marauders would start with "Heavy Strike".
Killing Kuduku would drop "Spark".
Killing Goatmen would drop "Leap Slam".
Killing Brutus has a small percent chance to drop his "Get over here" skill gem.
Killing Blood Apes would drop a skill that gives frenzy charges to all nearby allies.
Killing Devourers would drop a skill that lets you walk underground, then pop up and attack.

---

Anyway, just a fun thought for the day. Maybe someday someone will make something like this, and doubly good if they also have target-farming not just for what skill to use but for what items to use ala Monster Hunter (making equipment directly from enemy corpses).
"
awetZ020 wrote:
The reason why I flicker is because of omnislash. Now only left missing but can't ever happen are guardian force / eidolons.

GF's were summons with benefits, so it could work.

For example: there could be a passive tree notable where instead of summoning an elemental golem to attack you gain elemental resistances and elemental damage While it's alive. The golem deals no damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info