Suddenly horrible writing D:

"
Xavderion wrote:
If I have to live forever on that deadly island, I might just get rid of the thing that makes it deadly, especially if I actually have the power to do it. It makes sense to me.

I think the story of act 4 can be interpreted as that and I think it would had been better if GGG sold the idea like that as well. Saving the world(wraeclast) is a bad fit for path of exile.
I take it as such:

We're not saving the world, rather we're trying to save ourselves. The world being saved is just a byproduct of our selfish need to keep on grinding for loot..... I mean living.

Fits PoE for me :P
They want the skyrim audience.

"
FunkyFritter wrote:
By now the exile has realized that evil stuff in Wraeclast drops phat loot. Seeking out new baddies to farm seems like the logical thing to do.

lol this^
I dont see any any key!
Do any of you old people remember when Highlander 2 retconned the entire first movie and said that the immortals were actually alien criminals exiled to earth and that they were tasked with saving the planet? Yeah, it's kind of like that. Exiled to save the planet... thousands of years after they were exiled... before the ozone was even damaged... they had to save the planet when the ozone layer was being depleted... that was the task they were given thousands of years before... when they were exiled...
"
Do any of you old people remember when Highlander 2 retconned the entire first movie and said that the immortals were actually alien criminals exiled to earth and that they were tasked with saving the planet? Yeah, it's kind of like that. Exiled to save the planet... thousands of years after they were exiled... before the ozone was even damaged... they had to save the planet when the ozone layer was being depleted... that was the task they were given thousands of years before... when they were exiled...

After the joy I experienced with Highlander, watching Highlander 2 made me want to punch kittens.

Anyways, nothing wrong bit of Grandiose World Saving! If I'm saving the world I will expect the loot drops to be commensurate with the level of achievement, though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Oh,

Dialla will prattle you into that "rescue the planet"-job,
and you will follow, ... no worries.

Spoiler
just to smack you for your gems afterwards ]:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Issues arise once again. Step back, die and get no payback for it. Step forward, get some payoff and misplaced acclaim for it, praising you for the hero you are not. Happy days!

PS: I can hear Charan bursting to write his own version of Act 4 intro. Literally, strand by strand breaking bursting :p
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Last edited by Hyaon on Apr 15, 2015, 3:48:56 PM
It sounded a little cheesy to me as well. Also, did the Eternal Empire not know about the Maraketh guarding this ancient evil? Hadn't they conquered the Maraketh lands as well?
"
k1rage wrote:
"
FunkyFritter wrote:
By now the exile has realized that evil stuff in Wraeclast drops phat loot. Seeking out new baddies to farm seems like the logical thing to do.

lol this^

good one haha
I need more purple titles

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info