NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

So I customized the filter to better fit my KB burial grounds farmer. Now I am getting T2 map drops that are making a very loud noise when they drop. I cannot get it to turn off at all. I have redownloaded the filter and double checked everything. However all my maps, no matter what I do are making a loud drop noise. Any advice?
Hi, I'm Bamfmuehl, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
"
Bamfmuehl wrote:
So I customized the filter to better fit my KB burial grounds farmer. Now I am getting T2 map drops that are making a very loud noise when they drop. I cannot get it to turn off at all. I have redownloaded the filter and double checked everything. However all my maps, no matter what I do are making a loud drop noise. Any advice?

Can you share an online save link? This should not be happening.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Thanks for your filter and website.

Still every time I go back to POE and dive more deeply in filters I cannot help but shake my head on the choices you make for parts of it.
No matter the amount of customization on the website, one really need the ultimate control of notepad to make changes that should be, imho, available as options.

As I wrote on reddit before here is my philosophy:

I only want to see what I pick up and I don't want it to be tiny, hard to see and hard to pick.
Things I want to be picking up sometimes I want to be easily visible when pressing reveal all.

Options I would like to see available:

* Hide all the leveling
or at least write somewhere what the difference strictness will hide:
Just testing the strict filter and it shows broadhead magic quiver of level 24-32, show some white ring mid level, just why? mistakes?
Just add a preset to nuke it completely on any filter. I don't want to go back on old acts for prophecies and have all irrelevant junk showing.

* No tier filtering maps by default
Sure without the map tab it is a pain but these days people are not only farming red tier maps anymore and any map drop is valuable so why hide it by default when there was a lot of level difference, surely because you could and it felt fancy back in the days.

* Better chaos/regal rules
I am not sure what is the optimal way of doing it but my preference is to to do 2-4 two hands instead of 1-3 1 handed and certainly not 2-3 weapons, whether I get regals or chaos is of little importance to me especially since a single item overrule the results and I don't care about micromanaging tabs to force chaos.
Instead of having to manually input it, as I don't even see the possibility in your advanced filter structure, I would like you just put rules that will let people see it easily as hidden items.
You could use the simulate tab to show how people want items to be displayed for the recipe and which one they want to stand out while reducing the size of the others.
Also why only limit chaos recipe exclusion to T1 and T2, honestly it is way too many items to identify if you don't filter the T2 after some point.

* Quivers
Most of the time I don't want quivers but when I do, I realize you hide them in the body armour T2 section, maybe they could get their own subdivision so it is a bit more obvious.

* Very unrealistic but instead of the simulate tab I would like to be able to create a phylogenic tree of loot appearance.
I guess 3 trees are displayed, the trunk start with any item <65, one with >65, 1 with 75, each branch is a class of item, they can split by tiers and further split by rarity though I am really only interested by the rare. You could have separate one for weapons/armors/trinkets for clarity purpose, I guess you could do a separate one for crafting but it is not super relevant.
I would love to see that to easily determine the selecting process ideas instead of keeping to hit simulate loot to be sure I have cycled in all the possible ones and there is something that is not showing the way I want it.

* Your 6 socket highlighting default appearance has always been ugly and is the first thing I always change, RGB recipe is not far behind

Thanks for the hardwork
Hey, is it possible to somehow change filter to show chancing bases on Level 4 filter? Level 4 feels best for me but kinda feels sad to miss chance bases :/
"
mqplideste wrote:
Thanks for your filter and website.

Still every time I go back to POE and dive more deeply in filters I cannot help but shake my head on the choices you make for parts of it.
No matter the amount of customization on the website, one really need the ultimate control of notepad to make changes that should be, imho, available as options.

As I wrote on reddit before here is my philosophy:

I only want to see what I pick up and I don't want it to be tiny, hard to see and hard to pick.
Things I want to be picking up sometimes I want to be easily visible when pressing reveal all.

Options I would like to see available:

* Hide all the leveling
or at least write somewhere what the difference strictness will hide:
Just testing the strict filter and it shows broadhead magic quiver of level 24-32, show some white ring mid level, just why? mistakes?
Just add a preset to nuke it completely on any filter. I don't want to go back on old acts for prophecies and have all irrelevant junk showing.

* No tier filtering maps by default
Sure without the map tab it is a pain but these days people are not only farming red tier maps anymore and any map drop is valuable so why hide it by default when there was a lot of level difference, surely because you could and it felt fancy back in the days.

* Better chaos/regal rules
I am not sure what is the optimal way of doing it but my preference is to to do 2-4 two hands instead of 1-3 1 handed and certainly not 2-3 weapons, whether I get regals or chaos is of little importance to me especially since a single item overrule the results and I don't care about micromanaging tabs to force chaos.
Instead of having to manually input it, as I don't even see the possibility in your advanced filter structure, I would like you just put rules that will let people see it easily as hidden items.
You could use the simulate tab to show how people want items to be displayed for the recipe and which one they want to stand out while reducing the size of the others.
Also why only limit chaos recipe exclusion to T1 and T2, honestly it is way too many items to identify if you don't filter the T2 after some point.

* Quivers
Most of the time I don't want quivers but when I do, I realize you hide them in the body armour T2 section, maybe they could get their own subdivision so it is a bit more obvious.

* Very unrealistic but instead of the simulate tab I would like to be able to create a phylogenic tree of loot appearance.
I guess 3 trees are displayed, the trunk start with any item <65, one with >65, 1 with 75, each branch is a class of item, they can split by tiers and further split by rarity though I am really only interested by the rare. You could have separate one for weapons/armors/trinkets for clarity purpose, I guess you could do a separate one for crafting but it is not super relevant.
I would love to see that to easily determine the selecting process ideas instead of keeping to hit simulate loot to be sure I have cycled in all the possible ones and there is something that is not showing the way I want it.

* Your 6 socket highlighting default appearance has always been ugly and is the first thing I always change, RGB recipe is not far behind

Thanks for the hardwork

Short answer:
The filter is built for the general audience and whats probably best for most players (and newcomers). This is the reason for FilterBlade, where you can do pretty much everything you just listed.

Long answer:

"I don't want it to be tiny, hard to see and hard to pick":
- Advanced -> Quick Functions -> Maximize shown items.
- For the stuff you only pick up sometimes, you gotta set that size yourself since there is no automatic way to know which ones those are.

Leveling:
- strictness has (iirc) little to no impact on leveling rules atm
- either youre leveling and could need the gear, or youre not leveling so it doesnt matter what would show up in those zones.
- Leveling is very character/built/.. specific. Since there isnt even the option to find a T1 rare base with amazing rolls that sells for multiple ex.
-> add custom rule to hide all classes, done! The entire leveling part will be hidden.

Maps:
- "by default" maps only start to get hidden on very strict, which is fitting.
- if you dont want them to be hidden, just click on "Show" in the map section.
- higher tier maps are more rare, more desirable and more expensive, so they should have more highlight
- if you dislike the "outlevel" low highlight look of low tier maps in high tier zones, just change/disable the outleveling feature in: Maps -> Tier Specific -> Outleveled maps -> move slider to right

Chaos recipe:
- add custom rule as "Hide item" instead of highlighting. since this is something i havent heard before, there is no preset or anything for this so you gotta do this yourself.
- (assuming youre talking about the chaos recipe preset setting) "Why only limit it to explude T1 and T2?" well, because its a PRESET. if you want something different/more specific then do it yourself in the customizer. you can use this exact preset and change the strictness or those custom rules and be done with it. how is this supposed to continue? we made FilterBlade to make it easier for people to edit their filters. now we added presets to help people edit their FilterBlade saveState. should we now do a preset-customizer to help people to select presets to help people use filterBlade to help people customize filters? right before adding a FilterBlade-preset-customizer-preset, i presume?! lol

Quivers:
- "Hide them in the body armour t2 section"?
well, i guess we should rename that rule to "Big armours" or something like that since its definitely not only for body armours, but thats beside the point.
IF that rule is hiding quivers, its generally hiding all tier 2 rares. and this is only the case on very strict+. and if you want to hide all tier 2 rares except for tier 2 quivers, then you gotta edit that yourself. if you dont wanna see those other bases you can just remove them (or create a custom rule and insert all the quivers you want there). you already found the rule and the problem and can easily solve it yourself. but the base filter is designed for everyone! and in general, most builts dont need quivers, so theyre not worth the tier 1 rank atm.

phylogenetic style tree:
- i guess the customzier is kinda built like that: first separation-branch: endgame rares. then tier, then "kind" (size, weapon, armour, ...), then ilvl (the 65 and 75 rule are built into the same editor most of the times since its really not worth separating them). separating by class isnt possible for tier 1+2 because theyre not filtered by class, just base. t3+t4 are filtered by class and all put into an own section in the customizer. why cant you check all the rules there? what would be the big deciding difference to that tree that'd make all the effort for it worth it?

6 socket colors:
- well, that is your opinion. the opinion of one user. You gotta remember that you are not the only one using this filter. it was not built for you alone. most others dont seem to mind it. NS just cant make the base filter perfect for everyone...
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
"
KingTanno wrote:
Hey, is it possible to somehow change filter to show chancing bases on Level 4 filter? Level 4 feels best for me but kinda feels sad to miss chance bases :/

Use http://www.filterblade.xyz/.
Just select your base strictness, go to Customize -> Chancing bases -> Normal Chancing Bases, and click on "Show" and download. Done :)
Thanks for the detailed reply.
Sorry i sound grumpy, I think I should have stated my points otherwise.
I appreciate very much having the neversink filter available at the start of a new league as I am too lazy to edit my own league after league and even when I did I could not manage the courage to keep a nice filter structure and would only had new lines.
However, and that is my very personal opinion ofc, is that for a filter that is dedicated to help the new players in making quicker decisions Neversink has always made certain counter intuitive choices which are far from optimal actual practical gameplay.
Your website is amazing to customized the filter you provide and add some very powerful changes in a click, as you mentioned some options I like are available through quick style change. Yet the options available mirror the original sin of the filter to open possibilities I would consider, again personal opinion, not necessarily ideal.

Ultimately I do edit the filter in notepad and that is the end of the story, I more lament that the powerful filterblade is a step away from the customization I would love to have without going back to notepad. I used to rely on filtration that was an optimized notepad for filters but I know that making the website was motivated by the fact filtration was getting outdated.
Would it be possible to make some kind of visual representation of the difference between the types of scripts (regular, semi-strict etc) to help us in deciding what to use?

For now I'm wondering about switching from regular to semi-strict, and some kind of case-by-case comparison would be useful - if it exists.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Would it be possible to make some kind of visual representation of the difference between the types of scripts (regular, semi-strict etc) to help us in deciding what to use?

For now I'm wondering about switching from regular to semi-strict, and some kind of case-by-case comparison would be useful - if it exists.

A: Use the FilterBlade Overview to switch through the versions and get a quick recap of the differences. If youre looking for something specific you can just select a version and then check it out in the customizer.

B: There is this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15HllTA9AumeFgJ3r6pnFKAJ904Agq9U5MPblE4HNaio/edit#gid=0

C: We might add something in that direction to FilterBlade some day. Cant give you any more info about that than this tho.
"
Tobnac wrote:
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

A: Use the FilterBlade Overview to switch through the versions and get a quick recap of the differences. If youre looking for something specific you can just select a version and then check it out in the customizer.

B: There is this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15HllTA9AumeFgJ3r6pnFKAJ904Agq9U5MPblE4HNaio/edit#gid=0

C: We might add something in that direction to FilterBlade some day. Cant give you any more info about that than this tho.

I tried that and it was a little difficult without a side-by-side comparison, so I went through just about everything on the semi-strict customisation and changed a few things (such as removing chancing bases and normal/white flasks). Not quite sure what 50% of rares won't show up. But I'll play with it and see what it feels like. Can always go back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info