NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

"
KingKatura wrote:
Hey neversink i doubt you read all these but if you or someone else might be able to help.

Can you explain some of the borders in late game and what they mean, I've seen some different mainly at lvls 75+ using full/standard version, not sure if it just means some are popular items, good rolling items, so forth so on and everyone I've talked to who have used the filter alot longer than i have. time wise since I've used since release off and on, what they mean?

Thanks any help appreciated would only like to know so i can use more efficiently.

Hi,

Borders serve 3 purposes in the filter:
- Aesthetics - black borders don't mean anything, they just look good.
- Item Purpose - chancing, crafting, prophecy upgrades
- Item size/quality - provides additional information about the size or quality of items

Specific cases:

-----
Random non-recipe normal items:
-----
- Green border = chancing base
- Orange border = ilvl 75+ crafting base (asorted, mostly jewelry, the standard version also displays ambushers/harbingers)
- Yellow border = ilvl 83/84 crafting base (asorted)

-----
Recipe based items:
-----

Chisel, chrom and glassblower recipes use the border size to give additional information. In case of flasks/hammers a "better" border means more quality, in case of chrom items (RGB link) a better border means a smaller item size. All 6S items have white borders to highlight their value.

The border colors here go from black (<15% qual, big chroms) ->grey (2x2/1x3 chroms and 15% qual) ->white (20%qual, 6S).

-----
Rares
-----

Black (basically no border, it's there to polish the visuals) - big rare. (2x3 or 2x4)
Grey border - small rare (2x2 or 2x3)
Green border - tiny rare (1x1 or 2x1)
Yellow border - 83/84 crafting base (assorted). Overrides other borders.

The base tier/usefulness (eg. Hubris circlet is a high tier helmet) is displayed by the background by the way (green background = good, black = neutral, red = black).

-----
Uniques
-----

Purple border - Prophecy upgradable item

-----

Those are the borders I can think of. Other borders are simply there to highlight a good drop (e.g. ex orbs just have red borders/text + white backgrounds because you instantly see them + it looks nice). Also there are some borders on leveling items, that indicate flasks, possible upgrades, etc, it's too much to cover, but they're based on racing strategies.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Aug 22, 2016, 8:34:35 AM
hey thanks much buddy i'll pass it on i knew all of them except the rares and some of it was as i thought. Thanks again. Alot of your borders and such i consider standard for myself to use wen playing and wouldn't know what t do without them lol.
I really dislike that Glassblower's Baubles by default does not give a sound and are colored grey. Sigh.

Thanks for a great filter otherwise, despite my own customizations necessary.
Heya Neversink! First off, I'd like to thank you for all your hard work on your lootfilter and keeping it updated!!!!

I noticed some strange names since this latest patch yesterday. I shall just link you to the post I made in the patch notes thread, since at first I had assumed (yes, I feel like an ass now) GGG made a coding error.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714055/page/3/#p13587633

Now, it seems to me that GGG just made some changes that perhaps caught all the lootfilter publishers unaware????
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Aug 24, 2016, 7:41:09 PM
"
Heya Neversink! First off, I'd like to thank you for all your hard work on your lootfilter and keeping it updated!!!!

I noticed some strange names since this latest patch yesterday. I shall just link you to the post I made in the patch notes thread, since at first I had assumed (yes, I feel like an ass now) GGG made a coding error.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714055/page/3/#p13587633

Now, it seems to me that GGG just made some changes that perhaps caught all the lootfilter publishers unaware????

This is not a new issue. This problem comes and goes for some players and also appears outside of the item fonts, starting with 2.3 ( not related to this specific filter ). A game restart usually fixes it for the free affected players. GGG is aware of it. You can find out more my reading the last pages of this topic.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
I really dislike that Glassblower's Baubles by default does not give a sound and are colored grey. Sigh.

Thanks for a great filter otherwise, despite my own customizations necessary.

Yeah it made the shift quite a few times already. I'm not happy with either spots for the glassblowers bauble.
This is amazingly good. It saves you HOURS of sorting out valuable loot and some potential misses.

Love you man
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
"
Quo210 wrote:
This is amazingly good. It saves you HOURS of sorting out valuable loot and some potential misses.

Love you man

You're very welcome

----------------------

UPLOADED THE 4.0 BETA VERSION

Yesterday I've uploaded the beta of the 4.0 version (without the atlas changes yet). While I still plan to rework a few section, you can already take a glimpse at it here! I'd appreciate feedback :).
Last edited by NeverSink on Aug 29, 2016, 8:34:32 AM
"
NeverSink wrote:

UPLOADED THE 4.0 BETA VERSION

Yesterday I've uploaded the beta of the 4.0 version (without the atlas changes yet). While I still plan to rework a few section, you can already take a glimpse at it here! I'd appreciate feedback :).

Installed.

Thx for your work.
Experimenting around with colors for 2.4. Not sure what to think

http://imgur.com/a/M1Rfi

Last edited by NeverSink on Aug 29, 2016, 9:01:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info