NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

I've been using your loot filter and I like it a lot.

However, to critique, who the hell is going to craft all this junk?

Why show any of this at all? You can cut out probably 2/3rds the items that your filter shows and it would be much better imo.

If you don't agree with this statement, try running maps for a while. There are "crafting" items showing up everywhere that no one would pick up ever.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on May 5, 2015, 5:28:58 PM
"
dime wrote:
I've been using your loot filter and I like it a lot.

However, to critique, who the hell is going to craft all this junk?

Why show any of this at all? You can cut out probably 2/3rds the items that your filter shows and it would be much better imo.

If you don't agree with this statement, try running maps for a while. There are "crafting" items showing up everywhere that no one would pick up ever.

You got that wrong. You pick these up ID them and drop down again. It's not for crafting. It's for the occasional insane magic ones:)
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
You got that wrong. You pick these up ID them and drop down again. It's not for crafting. It's for the occasional insane magic ones:)

Insane magic ones... that you end up regaling? I'm going to call it crafting.

Nobody in their right mind IDs to this degree, not to the level of magic items that are showing up in maps. I ended up commenting out about a third of the script and it seemed much better in my opinion (and much better for general use).

NeverSink I suggest that you leave this sort of stuff in your script, but commented out, and let people uncomment certain bases that they actually want to see. On the other hand, showing fully-linked white bases that are of a high level I think is very useful. But all these magic items, no. I'll post my own modified filter if you disagree with me.

Again, try mapping (party + 100 quant) with this filter, there are way too many items showing up by default.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on May 5, 2015, 8:56:45 PM
"
dime wrote:
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:

Insane magic ones... that you end up regaling? I'm going to call it crafting.

Nobody in their right mind IDs to this degree, not to the level of magic items that are showing up in maps. I ended up commenting out about a third of the script and it seemed much better in my opinion (and much better for general use).

NeverSink I suggest that you leave this sort of stuff in your script, but commented out, and let people uncomment certain bases that they actually want to see. On the other hand, showing fully-linked white bases that are of a high level I think is very useful. But all these magic items, no. I'll post my own modified filter if you disagree with me.

Again, try mapping (party + 100 quant) with this filter, there are way too many items showing up by default.

You got a point. During solo play the silfter actually does some quite harsh work. You usually see 1-2 of those items after opening a strongbox with an exile, which is not much at all.

I might add some guidelines or a "party"-version, once I'm done with the improvements I'm still working on.

Thanks for the feedback everyone
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
I am testing various loot filters in past 2 days, but yours (Neversink) seems to be the best base.
So I will steal your design and logic and rework it to my own taste :) Hope no bad feelings (won't be public anyway, so ... :)

I feel distracting to hide items completely (cus I click on ground and suddenly trash in my inventory appears), so i will play with alpha channel which is currently not supported in 1.4 filter. I don't like to miss, well anything, so i will go through garbage even If i know it's garbage.

Anyway, what i wanted to say is a big THANK YOU! cause it is incredibly complex and it gives very good base for any additional tinkering.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
I am testing various loot filters in past 2 days, but yours (Neversink) seems to be the best base.
So I will steal your design and logic and rework it to my own taste :) Hope no bad feelings (won't be public anyway, so ... :)

I feel distracting to hide items completely (cus I click on ground and suddenly trash in my inventory appears), so i will play with alpha channel which is currently not supported in 1.4 filter. I don't like to miss, well anything, so i will go through garbage even If i know it's garbage.

Anyway, what i wanted to say is a big THANK YOU! cause it is incredibly complex and it gives very good base for any additional tinkering.

You're absolutly welcome to edit the filter to fit your own preference.

Right now it's designed to work with the ALT pickup key to prevent trash pickups, (thats why "hidden" items are so small). However, I assume that GGG will soon add a feature to completely hide filtered items or add a different hotkey for them, so I wouldn't put too much effort into editing this part.

On another note, I'll be updating the filter today once again
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
What about jewels?

Sorry if it had already been asked.

I have been told blue jewels, for example, are easily overseen.

Have you taken them into consideration?
I found very big downside of this filter. After playing few days with it it too hard to go back play live version with this mess on the ground. Fix dat ASAP plax!
Another thing (related to filters in general):

How do we void accidentially picking up items on the floor that are not highlighted?

There is an option in the U "Only pick up when highlight key is down". But with that on i cannot pick up anything at all, key down or not.

Weird.

Nice filter anways, OP. Really nice work, thanks for the effort :)
"
NeverSink wrote:
designed to work with the ALT pickup key to prevent trash pickups, (thats why "hidden" items are so small). However, I assume that GGG will soon add a feature to completely hide filtered items or add a different hotkey for them, so I wouldn't put too much effort into editing this part.

I really like the feature of shrinking the trash, it lets me still scan for items that the filter potentially misses due to bugs or my preferences yet keeps the junk in the background.

"
Player089 wrote:
There is an option in the U "Only pick up when highlight key is down". But with that on i cannot pick up anything at all, key down or not.

If you check that setting in UI preferences then you won't be able to pick anything up unless you hold down the ALT (by default) key (which will also show any drops hidden by the filter). I've had some hit testing issues in the beta where clicking on the title does not pick up the item; you have to click on the item itself. That might be your problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info