Act 4 final act?

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
GGG is secretly working on an MMO called WoW.... World of Wraeclast!

my personal wish is that GGG work on a card game, or a card game / board game hybrid.

After seeing the success of hearthstone and the knowledge that GGG has many experienced MTG players, I can only fathom how they could make the next "big" card game.

With all the gear
enemies
Skills
zones
etc...

there's already enough "stuff" to make a most interesting game. And I think most of us would be buying packs. PoE might be F2P/W, but this new game has no such restrictions.

Gotta catch'em...I mean "collect'em" all!

Are you trying to make me poor =_=

trying to make ALL of us poor and GGG rich! ... for the previous stated reasons, I want to play GGG inspired games for decades to come. Imo, they're one of the best game companies out there and I want to see their potential, and just how far they can go!

PS GGG, don't you dare sellout to EA or Blizzard etc. enough good companies/gaming franchises have gone to shit that way. Be patient and the world of gaming can and will be yours!
"
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Yerond wrote:
*snip*

But we haven't even killed the ruler of Wraeclast yet....

Please don't kill me!

your not Charan lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Widukind wrote:
I too am a bit surprised by the wording used. It seems to indicate that GGG is no longer planning on bringing out 10 acts. If we actually get to kill 'the beast' in Act 4 - the entitity responsible for the current state of Wraeclast itself - I don't really see how we can go from there. I'm just hoping they won't pull a Blizzard on us and go: 'yeah, you know, this ultimate evil you just slew? Yeah, that was just like an unwilling puppet of an EVEN GREATER ULTIMATE EVIL which you get to fight in our upcoming expansion! Exciting huh!?'.

Wait, you mean like after killing Piety, all of a sudden we get an addition to Act 3, now you get to kill Piety's boss, out of nowhere, an EVEN GREATER ULTIMATE EVIL!

Yeah and this is what i don't want :(

You killed the beast exile,but now an even greater threat has emerged......will you be able to defeat him with ur op aoe spam this time??

But the more i think about it,the more i'm convinced that GGG is trying to base bosses on diablo lore.

We sort of fought hatred(piety,dominus,etc....still not sure tho)

Now we are going to fight terror itself.

And something tells me that this nightmare will be far more terrifying than diablo himself.

And next,we fight the essence of destruction :)

Or maybe "Swagaxoth,The end of all that is not MLG"
"
Josephoenix wrote:

trying to make ALL of us poor and GGG rich! ... for the previous stated reasons, I want to play GGG inspired games for decades to come. Imo, they're one of the best game companies out there and I want to see their potential, and just how far they can go!

PS GGG, don't you dare sellout to EA or Blizzard etc. enough good companies/gaming franchises have gone to shit that way. Be patient and the world of gaming can and will be yours!

Maybe GGG can become somewhat like Paradox Interactive. Those guys are consistently making/publishing great niche games and are currently swimming in money due to great sales of that other PoE and Cities: Skylines. Paradox would also never sell out to EA and co.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:

Maybe GGG can become somewhat like Paradox Interactive. Those guys are consistently making/publishing great niche games and are currently swimming in money due to great sales of that other PoE and Cities: Skylines. Paradox would also never sell out to EA and co.

I think you are underestimating the depth of EA's pockets if EA really wanted Paradox I think they could have them
I dont see any any key!
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Widukind wrote:
I too am a bit surprised by the wording used. It seems to indicate that GGG is no longer planning on bringing out 10 acts. If we actually get to kill 'the beast' in Act 4 - the entitity responsible for the current state of Wraeclast itself - I don't really see how we can go from there. I'm just hoping they won't pull a Blizzard on us and go: 'yeah, you know, this ultimate evil you just slew? Yeah, that was just like an unwilling puppet of an EVEN GREATER ULTIMATE EVIL which you get to fight in our upcoming expansion! Exciting huh!?'.

Wait, you mean like after killing Piety, all of a sudden we get an addition to Act 3, now you get to kill Piety's boss, out of nowhere, an EVEN GREATER ULTIMATE EVIL!

To be honest, I didn't really mind Dominus. Yes, he might feel a little tacked on and would probably be best served with an Act of his own, but at least he isn't some deus ex machina.
"
Widukind wrote:
To be honest, I didn't really mind Dominus. Yes, he might feel a little tacked on and would probably be best served with an Act of his own, but at least he isn't some deus ex machina.

Sure, we had heard about The High Templar already, but "the mysterious origin of the gems dug out from Wraeclast" is also something we had heard about. As long as the bosses are based on existing mysterious Lore (maybe they can make some new lore alluding to act 5 within act 4??), then I don't mind. The Beast is a surprise, but it wasn't pulled out of their asses.
"
Widukind wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Widukind wrote:

I dont like Dominus because of the difficulty spike he is

oh Piety just rolls over, then you get to Dom literally 5 min later and its as if you went up an entire difficulty level (depending on your build of course some builds crush him... Im looking at you flame totem)
I dont see any any key!
"
"
Widukind wrote:

Sure, we had heard about The High Templar already, but "the mysterious origin of the gems dug out from Wraeclast" is also something we had heard about. As long as the bosses are based on existing mysterious Lore (maybe they can make some new lore alluding to act 5 within act 4??), then I don't mind. The Beast is a surprise, but it wasn't pulled out of their asses.

I wasn't referring to the beast, I know there is some dialogue alluding to it. I was referring to Blizzard and their obsession with conjuring 'even bigger baddies' out of thin air.
Last edited by Widukind on Apr 15, 2015, 3:48:35 PM
Its the same in Diablo, you kill it 100 times and he is still alive somewhere in a stone or something brings it back to live. Same will happen here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info