Another voice to please remove the chained ladies on the mana/life bubbles.

Since this seems to be the only way to give feedback on this, I wanted to say that I am one of the people who are uncomfortable with the naked chained ladies on the mana/life bubble and I hope that GGG will change them with Act 4. I'm cool with naked skin in general, but I feel it would be more just if we had a sexy guy and a sexy woman, not in chains.

So what GGG (https://web-grindinggear.netdna-ssl.com/public/chris/augteaser2.jpg) planned and then didn't do was good for me and I hope that we'll someday get this (or have the option to turn off the figures completely, which would be perfect).

I'm just stating my opinion in the hope that it'll add up to other people with the same wish to make this game a welcoming place for everybody.
Last edited by jlow on Apr 14, 2015, 12:07:38 PM
I'm fine if GGG provides the option to change it.

I am not ok with them arbitrarily removing/changing it though. Too many, myself included, are completely fine with them and have come to appreciate them.

They've been around for years, and compared to all the other potentially offensive things in the game (you just have to know where to look, but there are far worse offenders out there), they're fine (again in comparison).
Last edited by Josephoenix on Apr 14, 2015, 12:10:49 PM
If you feel the need to see naked males, then just play Templar. Or repeatedly run through areas with statues.
No
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I'm guessing OP has a Tumblr account.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Pls go away. I am one of the people who are uncomfortable with people posting shit on forums, so if you could kindly stop doing that, it'd be swell.

I mean, there are dead babies on the Strand, people gored and mutilated, Tolmans screams in Lunaris, avian wretches devouring dead bodies, you even leave people to die after killing Weaver, and this doesn't bother you, but two ladies in chains? Stop the press.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 14, 2015, 1:03:34 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:
Pls go away. I am one of the people who are uncomfortable with people posting shit on forums, so if you could kindly stop doing that, it'd be swell.

I mean, there are dead babies on the Strand, people gored and mutilated, Tolmans screams in Lunaris, avian wretches devouring dead bodies, you even leave people to die after killing Weaver, and this doesn't bother you, but two ladies in chains? Stop the press.

QFT.

The audio in lunaris three literally sends chills up my spine. They're saying that act 4 was designed to be intentionally creepy. That's what this game is designed to be. It's MEANT to make you uncomfortable. It's MEANT for a mature audience.

To have some twazzuc whose social priorities are evidently skewed very heavily in a particular direction, or at the very least is an egocentric prude, start rabbiting on about how 'softcore statues (let's be honest, nothing's shown)' are making you uncomfortable is mind boggling.
I functionally cannot understand how you pick your priorities, you people.
You are being battered around the head by giant naked statues, shot at by not-so-giant-naked-statues-of-ice-arrow-chilling-bollocks-annoyance-ness, bombarded, whipped and clawed at by mutilated abominations that used to be naked females, butchered and tortured barely beyond recognition, and murder your way across an entire continent through humans, animals, humanoids and animaloids alike - and yet you have the audacity to say that UI art is too much for you?

Get a fucking grip, you delusional hypocrite. Holy hell...

"
the same wish to make this game a welcoming place for everybody.

If you want a game that is a welcoming place for everybody, may I suggest you look elsewhere in your life. Like solitaire. Or "Guess Who". Anywhere that isn't on the internet. THIS IS WRAECLAST!

Furthermore: They Make Sense
Digging around in the lore that we have to play with, an arguement could be made that the two ladies are the two goddesses, Solaris and Lunaris, bound to be the slaves and servants of all who would try to cleanse this land of the taint and corruption that have plagued it beyond their control...

Or some such malarkey for the people who actually give more than a passing glance to the lore and need justification for every which odd thing. ;)
Spoiler
on the flip side...
Optional variety is never a bad thing.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Apr 14, 2015, 2:12:00 PM
"
jlow wrote:
Since this seems to be the only way to give feedback on this, I wanted to say that I am one of the people who are uncomfortable with the naked chained ladies on the mana/life bubble and I hope that GGG will change them with Act 4. I'm cool with naked skin in general, but I feel it would be more just if we had a sexy guy and a sexy woman, not in chains.

You are entitled to you opinion, but if you don't state WHY you feel that way it is difficult to have much of a discussion. You don't like the aesthetic created by the current GUI. Okay. I do.

Without mentioning why, there isn't much room for discussion.

Why is your opinion inherently better?
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
No.

Chained girls = PoE trademark

For naked men grind Marketplace with templar
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
You are entitled to you opinion, but if you don't state WHY you feel that way it is difficult to have much of a discussion. You don't like the aesthetic created by the current GUI. Okay. I do.

Without mentioning why, there isn't much room for discussion.

Why is your opinion inherently better?

Mmhmm. Yeah.

Also, this is "Art Feedback".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info