1MHC Level 99 Glacial Cascade Dual Dagger

"
ammteschi wrote:
lovin the build so far :D

what about the bandits? ty <3

40 life, skill point, power charge.
Been playing this build for a while now, amazing and very survivable. Made me a believer in evasion builds after easily surviving the occasional terribru mistake where armor build would have ripped.

I went enfeeble tho for some burst mitigation and skelly brotem + conc effect firetrap for chests, desyncs and awkward places where cascade cant reach.
Hi , i want to use your build @Caroso but can you share your leveling tree pls :) .
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
Hi , i want to use your build @Caroso but can you share your leveling tree pls :) .

And skill gems for leveling
Ign: Rezev
Leveling Guide Self found in a new league:

Normal

Use Lightning Tendrils up Brutus.
Start using Glacial Cascade at level 10 after Brutus.

Make a +1 level cold wand.
To make one you have to vendor 1 Magic(blue) wand, 1 Alteration and 1 Sapphire Ring. You can buy a Sapphire Ring from the vendor, If she doesn't sell check every level after level 10.
The wand must have at least 2 linked blue sockets. Should not be hard to find or buy from the vendor.

Go back to town Before Merveil and get Added Lightning Damage from Nessa, link it to Glacial Cascade.
You can use a 2 liked +1 GC + Added Lightning up to act 2 cruel without problem.

Get Herald of Thunder in act 3. Not Herald of Ice. The lightning damage from Herald of Thunder will shock when you crit and it is safer against reflect. You can use both later if you play softcore or beta where the ice explosions cant be reflected.

After you kill General Gravicius you can get Cold Penetration if you want. Not needed but will add some damage. You have to make a new 3 linked wand 2 blue and 1 green socket.
Cold Penetration and Added Lightning are only used for leveling.

Cruel

Skill tree at the start of cruel:
http://poeurl.com/zmgv2de
Get some mana regen if you want but I just use 2 mana flasks.
Spell Damage is much better than cold and elemental damage because a big part of your damage later will be physical and chaos that only scale with spell damage

Get Eldritch Battery as fast as you can and start using Clarity + Arctic Armour as any other caster build for now.

Replace Cold Penetration with Faster Casting when you get it from weaver in act 2.

Do the Library quest in Act 3 to get Added Chaos Damage. Start leveling it but dont replace Added Lightning until it will give you more damage or close to the same damage

Nothing you really need in Merciless other than Spell Echo from the Act 3 Library quest.
You will have 2000-3000 dps entering Merciless. Start doing maps around 5000 dps if I can remember correct.

You can use a 3 linked +1 wand all the way to maps. Or a 4 link with GC, Added Chaos, Faster Castin, Added Lightning until you get Spell Echo.

Cap resist, get good life on gear, Get a wand with spell damage, get a 5l chest, start using life leech gem.

Skill tree 72 points:
http://poeurl.com/zmgCwCT

Skill tree 96 points (around level 80):
http://poeurl.com/zmgDiVs

This is where you want to get Acrobatics, start using Grace, stop using AA or use a low level AA, get a 5l Carcass Jack, get evasion/es gear.

Use a wand or a dagger and shield. Saffell's Frame is a really good shield for this build. You need a really good dagger for it to be worth dual wielding and spec in to the dual wield nodes. I didnt do it until level 90+

Quest rewards

Normal

Act 1
Lightning Tendrils
Breaking Some Eggs - Storm Call Vaal orb if you can hope to get a Vaal Storm Call
Brutus - Glacial Cascade
The Siren's Cadence - Added Lightning Damage

Act 2
Intruders in Black - Arctic Armour
Sharp and Cruel - Power Charge On Critical or Increased Critical Damage

Act 3
Lost in Love - Herald of Thunder
Sever the Right Hand - Cold Penetration

Cruel

Act 1
Enemy at the Gate - Lightning Warp
The Caged Brute - Clarity
The Siren's Cadence - Reduced Mana

Act 2
Sharp and Cruel - Faster Casting

Act 3
Lost in Love - Arctic Armour
Sever the Right Hand - Increased Area of Effect
Library - Added Chaos Damage

Merciless

Act 1
Mercy Mission - Increased Duration
The Caged Brute - Lightning Warp
The Siren's Cadence - Faster Casting

Act 3
Library - Spell Echo

Gems you have to buy or find:

Life Leech
Cast when damage taken
Immortal Call
Enduring Cry
Reduced Duration
Grace
Last edited by Caroso on May 8, 2015, 10:45:53 AM
Spoiler
"
Caroso wrote:
Leveling Guide Self found in a new league:

Normal

Use Lightning Tendrils up Brutus.
Start using Glacial Cascade at level 10 after Brutus.

Make a +1 level cold wand.
To make one you have to vendor 1 Magic(blue) wand, 1 Alteration and 1 Sapphire Ring. You can buy a Sapphire Ring from the vendor, If she doesn't sell check every level after level 10.
The wand must have at least 2 linked blue sockets. Should not be hard to find or buy from the vendor.

Go back to town Before Merveil and get Added Lightning Damage from Nessa, link it to Glacial Cascade.
You can use a 2 liked +1 GC + Added Lightning up to act 2 cruel without problem.

Get Herald of Thunder in act 3. Not Herald of Ice. The lightning damage from Herald of Thunder will shock when you crit and it is safer against reflect. You can use both later if you play softcore or beta where the ice explosions cant be reflected.

After you kill General Gravicius you can get Cold Penetration if you want. Not needed but will add some damage. You have to make a new 3 linked wand 2 blue and 1 green socket.
Cold Penetration and Added Lightning are only used for leveling.

Cruel

Skill tree at the start of cruel:
http://poeurl.com/zmgv2de
Get some mana regen if you want but I just use 2 mana flasks.
Spell Damage is much better than cold and elemental damage because a big part of your damage later will be physical and chaos that only scale with spell damage

Get Eldritch Battery as fast as you can and start using Clarity + Arctic Armour as any other caster build for now.

Replace Cold Penetration with Faster Casting when you get it from weaver in act 2.

Do the Library quest in Act 3 to get Added Chaos Damage. Start leveling it but dont replace Added Lightning until it will give you more damage or close to the same damage

Nothing you really need in Merciless other than Spell Echo from the Act 3 Library quest.
You will have 2000-3000 dps entering Merciless. Start doing maps around 5000 dps if I can remember correct.

You can use a 3 linked +1 wand all the way to maps. Or a 4 link with GC, Added Chaos, Faster Castin, Added Lightning until you get Spell Echo.

Cap resist, get good life on gear, Get a wand with spell damage, get a 5l chest, start using life leech gem.

Skill tree 72 points:
http://poeurl.com/zmgCwCT

Skill tree 96 points (around level 80):
http://poeurl.com/zmgDiVs

This is where you want to get Acrobatics, start using Grace, stop using AA or use a low level AA, get a 5l Carcass Jack, get evasion/es gear.

Use a wand or a dagger and shield. Saffell's Frame is a really good shield for this build. You need a really good dagger for it to be worth dual wielding and spec in to the dual wield nodes. I didnt do it until level 90+

Quest rewards

Normal

Act 1
Lightning Tendrils
Breaking Some Eggs - Storm Call Vaal orb if you can hope to get a Vaal Storm Call
Brutus - Glacial Cascade
The Siren's Cadence - Added Lightning Damage

Act 2
Intruders in Black - Arctic Armour
Sharp and Cruel - Power Charge On Critical or Increased Critical Damage

Act 3
Lost in Love - Herald of Thunder
Sever the Right Hand - Cold Penetration

Cruel

Act 1
Enemy at the Gate - Lightning Warp
The Caged Brute - Clarity
The Siren's Cadence - Reduced Mana

Act 2
Sharp and Cruel - Faster Casting

Act 3
Lost in Love - Arctic Armour
Sever the Right Hand - Increased Area of Effect
Library - Added Chaos Damage

Merciless

Act 1
Mercy Mission - Increased Duration
The Caged Brute - Lightning Warp
The Siren's Cadence - Faster Casting

Act 3
Library - Spell Echo

Gems you have to buy or find:

Life Leech
Cast when damage taken
Immortal Call
Enduring Cry
Reduced Duration
Grace

thx a lot
Ign: Rezev
Last edited by IntoolHC on May 8, 2015, 12:02:33 PM
this build is ridiculously op, i love it!
Hi,

I'm wondering how you got 235% cast speed with the tree/gear/gems linked?

I'm 85 with level 19 gems and I'm at 153%. I can get +27% more from the tree and maybe a 10% from a 20 quality faster casting, but that still put me nowhere near 235%?

Were you using wands for the screenshot? Or haste?
Trying on beta. Post wipe have no clue what character to do now.
Censored.
I'm doing this on beta too & going really well atm - thanks for a great & clear guide.
ign: Kza_Taza

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info