Have I gone horribly wrong?

Here's my passive tree so far. Level 49. 2-Hand Mace Maurader.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEACygS2RkuGj4bUhznIPAhAiE0IVUn7SkuKvY2ujkOOzs9_ESyROdQUFRJVw1YPVhjXz9gxGoeajtul3Kpdu53U3uMfLh82YErjM-Uh5T7nsWoGKkaqXO53cEExtjZYdw937LnUu8O8azyL_Kc8932SPcy

I'm getting handed in Cruel in Act III and the harder parts of Act II. Didn't think I was really doing bad till recently.

Bascically I use ground slam once in a while. Heavy Strike and Sweep are my main attacks, with leap slam thrown in. Enduring cry and decoy totem. Determination gets used when the going gets tough, which is about all the time lately, which makes it hard to keep mana up for attacks.

Without going into more detail, does it seem like my gear may be the weak link?

I will appreciate the feedback, but it might be a couple of days before I get back to it. Basically, I think gear is the weak link, but just wanted some other opinions.

Little Grey Men are Coming Our Way
Tastes Just Like Chicken They Say
Last edited by ElephantRider on Feb 10, 2013, 2:19:10 AM
just reroll what is this shit lol
Have you tried using quick heal flask and warlord's mark? Warlord's mark would allow you to spam pots every fight and give you huge heals. You need more hp too if you're going to go 2h.
Ign: UnbreakableChains
Please pm me if I win anything.
^ very constructive.....

If i were you op, I would refund the 9 points spent on purity of essence to cranium crusher, then get an endurance charge, blood drinker, 24% life (not bloodless) and start heading for blood magic . After that the next 5 points can be spent on blood magic and then head for smashing blows, through the 8% damage nodes.

Like you said it could be a gear issue but this is a step in the right direction.

edit: ^ was for the first guy :P
Last edited by Apolyon34 on Feb 10, 2013, 2:31:25 AM
Also get 1 or 2 granite flasks they are overpowered.
More like

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAEtkUIBkuGj4c5yDwIQIhNCFVJ-0pLir2OQ47Oz38ROdQR1BQVElXDVg9WGNfP2DEah5qO3Kpd1N7jHy4fNmBK4zPkc6Uh57Fns2nMKgYqXOsqrndwQTG2NIh2WHcPd-y51LvDvGs8i_z3fZI9zL3vg==

There are other changes I'd make like refunding all the points in armor as well as the weak mace nodes they are connected to but I'm guessing 9 respec points will be expensive enough.

Assur, versatility and resolute techniques for a mace build? crazy talk :P
Looks like maybe a reroll. I can respec 3 points right now. As I went back and looked at my gear, it really wasn't that bad, but could be better.

My original thought was to get all the defenses right there, and then go for all the mace damage I could get. Guess I need to be more creative than that.

I do have a granite flask. I forget to use it most of the time... But even when I use it, it doesn't really get me where I need to be right now, by itself anyway.

Thanks for the feeback. Both those builds give me ideas and show me where I've gone wrong. I also like that you guys didn't go farther on those builds. It leaves the rest of it open for me.

Last edited by ElephantRider on Feb 10, 2013, 3:43:46 AM
"
Apolyon34 wrote:
Also get 1 or 2 granite flasks they are overpowered.

This..
Use 2 HP 2 Granite 1 MS
i prefer 75 charge granites. tanking like a boss
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
"
Assur wrote:
just reroll what is this shit lol

That shit is what happens when you play this game for the first time, pick a character, and then wing it :D Ah well, at least made it to 49 before having to give in...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info