PoE Economy is Realistic

Seriously, poe.xyz is like a real estate web site where you look up prices for similar items (properties) and judge prices based on that. And when some fool overpays for an item, similar items rise in price as well (also like real estate which caused the housing bubble and the market crash).

I don't know why but I find this parallel hilarious.
Last bumped on Nov 10, 2016, 4:53:18 PM
Gee, it's like realistically modeled economies will follow basic economic theory and remain healthy for far longer than games with unrealistic economic models :P
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
People (casuals) hate the economy in PoE because of this. Instead of being able to go to an in game AH and instantly know the price of an item with 100% certainty, they have to acquire a skill of sorts by looking at hundreds, if not thousands of items before being able to tell what a non set in stone item (like a unique) is worth without the aid of 3rd party websites and comparisons to those listings. And even then when the meta changes, so does the price on certain items. Prices for items are also drastically different between leagues, the difference in prices between BL and Torment was astounding, some rare weapons that people would probably vendor in torment could be worth quite a bit in BL.

"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
People (casuals) hate the economy in PoE because of this. Instead of being able to go to an in game AH and instantly know the price of an item with 100% certainty, they have to acquire a skill of sorts by looking at hundreds, if not thousands of items before being able to tell what a non set in stone item (like a unique) is worth without the aid of 3rd party websites and comparisons to those listings. And even then when the meta changes, so does the price on certain items. Prices for items are also drastically different between leagues, the difference in prices between BL and Torment was astounding, some rare weapons that people would probably vendor in torment could be worth quite a bit in BL.

For me personally, this is the fun part about the economy in PoE. I hope they don't change it in the new act.
"
Seriously, poe.xyz is like a real estate web site where you look up prices for similar items (properties) and judge prices based on that. And when some fool overpays for an item, similar items rise in price as well (also like real estate which caused the housing bubble and the market crash).

I don't know why but I find this parallel hilarious.

How often do you have to use poe.xyz.is? How often do you have to use a such websites for real estate?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
Gee, it's like realistically modeled economies will follow basic economic theory and remain healthy for far longer than games with unrealistic economic models :P

Can you explain what you consider to be "healthy" in an ingame economy and why that property is so good for an economy that resets every X months?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:

Can you explain what you consider to be "healthy" in an ingame economy and why that property is so good for an economy that resets every X months?

Well, it's certainly not ideal, but it's pretty stable and not subject to rampant inflation like Diablo 3 or Gaia Online or the US Dollar.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
heheh market

heheheheh
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Its realistic for sure.

Like best way to make money is not even play (otherwise know as work IRL) and just trade (like a hedge fund manager IRL)

Like I work my ass off driving heavy equipment about 60 hrs a week. Trader makes what i make for whole year in a single day. Same applies to game. I tried grinding. Never found anything. But I flipped lvl 4 empowers for like 50ex in no time.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 13, 2015, 4:54:52 AM
So you do find money IRL and then put it up on some AH where you have to be online to buy an item? Seems legit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info