Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

"
Redblade wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:
I think if beta keys were based on how much $ you had spent, "average Joe's" wouldn't bother to enter so much. I explained to a friend today who said "I wouldn't have much chance of getting a key" that it is random luck.

This is not what I said they should do either, I think a nice gesture to the supporters had been if every 10th or so key was guarantied to go to a supporter though.

Any form of pay to win is against GGG policy. Effectively that would mean pay/paid for a supporter pack and get a better chance at a key and also set a precedent for future events, real or perceived. Anything like this where people have paid money to get an advantage creates bad feelings.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
Vaydra wrote:
Any form of pay to win is against GGG policy. Effectively that would mean pay/paid for a supporter pack and get a better chance at a key and also set a precedent for future events, real or perceived. Anything like this where people have paid money to get an advantage creates bad feelings.

So the original beta supporter backs was pay to win? ;)

And this would give no in game advantage as it's a beta for testing purposes that in the end will be wiped...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:

So the original beta supporter backs was pay to win? ;)

And this would give no in game advantage as it's a beta for testing purposes that in the end will be wiped...

paying/paid for a supporter pack to get an advantage to win a key ...

Hey I would love an extra chance to win, but there would be an awful lot of people out there that would be butthurt because I had an advantage and that would be really really bad for the game.
Last edited by Vaydra on Apr 14, 2015, 10:20:01 PM
"
Vaydra wrote:

You do realize that the original closed beta supporter packs came with beta keys right? Which kinda nullifies your argument of it setting a bad precedent.

"
Redblade wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:

You do realize that the original closed beta supporter packs came with beta keys right? Which kinda nullifies your argument of it setting a bad precedent.

I wasn't playing back then so I don't know. I'm guessing GGG were raising funds to keep producing the game and pay wages, bills etc ? As it is a non-sub game. That would be a pay to play/test situation with a purchasable key, not a %chance to win. I think GGG are doing this the fairest way possible.

Anyway GL with getting a key :) hope you get one in the first few days. I think a huge amount of people will get the opportunity to test it out once the initial bugs are removed and more keys are handed out.

I'll be watching/listening to a streamer play a build that's close to what I want to make if I don't get in right away. Plenty of opportunity to pick up info there with their followers asking questions and pointing out stuff.
"
Vaydra wrote:
I think GGG are doing this the fairest way possible.

This is where I disagree, it's fine though we can't all agree on everything.

"
Vaydra wrote:
Anyway GL with getting a key :) hope you get one in the first few days.

Hope so to as I was taking a break until Act 4 and this limbo thing isn't productive at all, if I had known before the one month leagues that Act 4 was so far away as three months I'd got my self a good raid guild in WoW to pass the time.

"
Vaydra wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:

I wasn't playing back then so I don't know. I'm guessing GGG were raising funds to keep producing the game and pay wages, bills etc ? As it is a non-sub game. That would be a pay to play/test situation with a purchasable key, not a %chance to win. I think GGG are doing this the fairest way possible.

Anyway GL with getting a key :) hope you get one in the first few days. I think a huge amount of people will get the opportunity to test it out once the initial bugs are removed and more keys are handed out.

I'll be watching/listening to a streamer play a build that's close to what I want to make if I don't get in right away. Plenty of opportunity to pick up info there with their followers asking questions and pointing out stuff.

Wait so you're saying it was 'pay to play/test' for the first CLOSED BETA as there was no chance to win. Yet for the Awakening CLOSED BETA, which will include a full wipe as did the first CLOSED BETA, would magically be 'pay to win' and not 'pay to play/test' if you could purchase a key?

Riiiiiiight. Please do continue...
Last edited by Ascendic on Apr 15, 2015, 12:52:30 AM
OK, I am going to ask the questions that everyone else to too afraid to ask GGG.

Will there be fishing poles?

Will the new passive tree have (+) to lures, sinkers, and bobbers.

Will I finally be able to catch some fish to put up on that damn fish rack in my hideout that I bought from Tora?

This big pile of Rhoas I've been killing aren't going to pluck themselves you know.
"
Ascendic wrote:

Wait so you're saying it was 'pay to play/test' for the first CLOSED BETA as there was no chance to win. Yet for the Awakening CLOSED BETA, which will include a full wipe as did the first CLOSED BETA, would magically be 'pay to win' and not 'pay to play/test' if you could purchase a key?

Riiiiiiight. Please do continue...

No. If you follow the full conversation, in context, that RedBlade and I were discussing ...
Last edited by Vaydra on Apr 15, 2015, 1:45:39 AM
GG, GGG! :) Hot darn, I'm so stoked for these new skill gems. Been waiting for a truly massive update of this calibre in PoE for a long time, glad I can say it's been well worth waiting for, also yay! raaaaaaces! maybe...! love you guys :D
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 15, 2015, 2:43:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info