got a question

How many of you still go to my website? I ask because I am planning some major changes.

As most of you know I haven't written anything new for the forum in a while. But I have been writing quite a bit.

This is why I am wondering how many of you are still regular visitors. And would you mind if you had to register to join beyond one or two open pages?

Post either here or pm me if you want. Or ignore this. Its not that important if you don't.

-Moon-
Well, im not a fan of registering on websites, so dunno, im sure there are some that would visit though. Good luck.
This is why I ask. But there are reasons for blocking content behind a registration.
I visit when I need something to read. Currently I am almost done with your masterpiece and have read a small portion of Charan's, so I haven't visited in a while. I would be okay with registration, email addresses are free to make and don't take long to create.
Last edited by Spoonmann on Apr 11, 2015, 9:34:49 PM
"
Busy with your doc. :P

Thanks. I was rereading a bit of it last night and saw several errors. I have been working on being more descriptive too.

But the point of requiring a log in is while I enjoy writing and would love to release more books, I simply can't afford to do maybe more than once a year if not every two years. Behind the wall would be material I would normally think about charging for to the public, but while money is the issue, I am not in it for the money.

Yesterday was spent rewriting a couple of the stories and when its done, they will all tie together into a coherent series that I may publish. (I hope too anyway.)

And then there is the Mooned series. I have done quite a bit of work on the prequel and some on the sequel.

Now throw in my first attempt at a novel that I have recently also returned to. I seriously doubt it will ever go to book form, but I would like to share it at some point. By having to register, I can protect my rights as author of the work legally.
You were thinking about making it a paid website I see, which means you can ignore my original message. Personally, I would pay to be able to read your works if the price was reasonable.
No. Never a pay site.

But I want to release work that may someday make it into book form. By placing it behind a registration wall, I can protect that work legally.

Think about it, you had to register to play Path of Exile, but it's free. Only by registering you agree to a set of rules. I'm thinking along the same line.

I can't afford to pay to have all my work made into book form. Not today anyway. But I also don't want it to become public in case I do turn it into books later.
1. I do
2. I don't want anyone knowing my IP address besides GGG
3. Please add drawings ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Been wondering if I could write something into the ToA to charge spammers an advertising fee. Then sue them for breach of contract.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Been wondering if I could write something into the ToA to charge spammers an advertising fee. Then sue them for breach of contract.

I doubt anyone would care. TOS work so well for GGG preventing RMT.

My best bet, if you remotely think you gonna release material from your site as books someday then you shouldnt make it public, whats on the internet stays on the internet. Only put stuff out you know you dont care if its being reproduced and/or copied.

Not even registering on a site makes it safe from spam bots btw, GGG has a captcha on account creation and email and password registration and we still have spam bots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info