Is there a fix for Nvidia Optimus users?

I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with Intel HD 4700 + Nvidia GT750M, and the game simply does not recognize the dedicated card (dropdown menu for CPU greyed out in options and stuck as integrated 4700). I've tried most if not all the suggestions I've found in this forum:

- Setting both client.exe and PathOfExile.exe to use dedicated card in Nvidia control panel
- Setting PhysX to use dedicated card in Nvidia control panel
- I don't have an option to "run with Nvidia" when I right click the .exe files
- My battery is not plugged in (to save battery life) since I'm at home, so battery plans don't really apply

None of them work as of right now.

I see that there are a lot of threads for this issue and it's rather big, is there a fix for this yet?
Last edited by melodia1 on Apr 11, 2015, 2:00:09 PM
Have you tried disabling the integrated graphics card? Maybe then the game will be forced to use the 750M?
Then every time I quit the game and use my computer I'll have to boot up in BIOS and re-enable integrated graphics if I want to use something like Microsoft Word, if I don't want the increased energy usage/increased heat/shortened lifespan? That's not a solution...
"
melodia1 wrote:
I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with Intel HD 4700 + Nvidia GT750M, and the game simply does not recognize the dedicated card (dropdown menu for CPU greyed out in options and stuck as integrated 4700). I've tried most if not all the suggestions I've found in this forum:

- Setting both client.exe and PathOfExile.exe to use dedicated card in Nvidia control panel
- Setting PhysX to use dedicated card in Nvidia control panel
- I don't have an option to "run with Nvidia" when I right click the .exe files
- My battery is not plugged in (to save battery life) since I'm at home, so battery plans don't really apply

None of them work as of right now.

I see that there are a lot of threads for this issue and it's rather big, is there a fix for this yet?

That's weird... mine has that option. Maybe you should try reinstalling your drivers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info