Is desync really fixed in act 4?

After seeing the videos and announcement, i don't think it will be a lot better than it currently is. People perceive it as a very big deal, have quit never to come back and if it really will be fixed in a4 then it deserves more than a short mention.

If desync was fixed, it should be headlines. Or is GGG just being modest?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I think they want to test it via the closed beta before they make any vast incredible claims.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
improved maybe? but not fixed.
I'm prety sure you'll still have people claiming desync but yes, if you have good latency you'll not see it.

If you have bad latency it'll suck on the new method and you would be better using the current method which is getting tweaked a fair bit, but not 100% fixed(read the manifesto).
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 11, 2015, 3:11:38 AM
You'll be able to pick your poison. Either you risk being desynced, or you're delaying all your actions by a split second.
"
Spede_P wrote:
You'll be able to pick your poison. Either you risk being desynced, or you're delaying all your actions by a split second.

I still have nightmares from battlenet dota games in w3 era. So i'd rather desync?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Nope
Im still waiting for that apology thread. *tick tock*

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

If you have bad latency it'll suck on the new method and you would be better using the current method which is getting tweaked a fair bit, but not 100% fixed(read the manifesto).

Will be going like this. The new method will fix the problem only for a minority, but I'm hoping for a slight overall improvement.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Pyrokar wrote:
After seeing the videos and announcement, i don't think it will be a lot better than it currently is. People perceive it as a very big deal, have quit never to come back and if it really will be fixed in a4 then it deserves more than a short mention.

If desync was fixed, it should be headlines. Or is GGG just being modest?

The new approach means desync isn't really a thing -- you are always in sync. What you will see will be different than desync.

Latency/Network Availability will be the main driver just like in DOTA and other similar approaches. You won't take action on the client side until the server acknowledges it.

High latency? Hello frozen screen followed by rubberbanding and instant changes of position for you and monsters.

I happen to live in an advantageous place so this will be a positive change although to be blunt, desync was not game breaking for me. There are really two things that I want and they are such low priority (probably no priority), I'll never see them :)

My Top 2 QOL changes that wont happen

1. Make option to disable right clicking auras off. A habit I just can't break in my clicking habits.

2. Give permanent league stash tabs a drop down filter that filters tabs based upon original league to help clean up and finding things. Having the tabs mixed within the existing tabs is probably 4-5 hours worth of work that I can't bring myself to do.

People with garbage network connections will still have problems -- it just won't be desync although should caveat that we won't know until we see it.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 11, 2015, 7:09:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info