Tatwo cheap Flame Totem Marauder 4/4 HC

Hi all,

this is the build i did while going for 4/4 in the 1mhc race.

Pretty strong with a very high survivability. At lvl 80 i have over 5.6k life and with lvl 17/18 gems im reaching almost 2.7k tooltip dps on my totems.

Using 2 Cwdt setups:
- one low level to get endurance charges and curse enemys with enfeeble
- one high level for immortal call (over 2s up) and molten shell

Another defensive setup im using is:

vengeance + life gain on hit + blind + increased aoe --> here i recover a bit life every time im hit
--> remember you have to use a melee weapon for this skill. So the only one that comes in mind is a Scepter (high cast speed, spell dmg, fire dmg, life gain on hit).

in the skilltree i went mostly for life and spell/fire dmg. Totems nodes are not really needed, since we already got 2 of them (above blood magic key-stone and on ancestral bond) and they are enough. The main reason why i didnt get the other totem nodes are:
- much cast speed on gear: scepter, rings, amulet, shield. this allows us to recast the totem very fast, so cast speed for totems is not needed as a skillpoint.
- in a HC league there is all about not dying, so life is your best friend.

Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABAcEswYOCfYOPBBYFCAUcRZvGS4aOBo-HOcfAiSqJy8n7SoTKo0snCynMjQy0TWSNsU22DbpOlg64TwtPfxFR0bXSRtKxEz_TeNQR1XGVw1YY1jlWitfP2P9Zp5o8moecYV65oIHgpuD24dljM-QVZo7ogCj8qZXpwismK2Nr2yvt7FCtz64k8AawGbE9sauxtjPftIh1HzVptgk2L3ZYdl82rnfv-Fz42rsOOxV7TzvDvAf8WzyL_JB8kX2SPau-tL-Cv6P

Gear used and prices:
2c
1-2c
5c + a couple alchs/scourings
4c
1-2c
2-3c each
2c
1c
2-3c

this is totally viable for a new start in a HC league, since with the currency you find you can buy upgrades very easy. no unique items required.

with this setup i didnt had any close calls where i had lowlife (<30%). Since i reached lvl 80 i didnt play it that much, but maps till lvl 74 were really easy to do... mobs just melt with double totems + ele weakness.
Last edited by Tatwo on Apr 10, 2015, 10:40:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info