Dowloaded game, now client won't start

I downloaded the game the other day from here and was able to play a bit. However, after trying to play it today it either tries to install the game again if I go from the shortcut or simply won't open the client if I try and open it from the game files. Now, it does say to start the client manually from the directory but I'm not sure how to do this nor if this will solve the problem. Any advice on this would be awesome.
so you installed the client, played a bit but now it won't start if you click on the shortcut to the executable.

can you be a bit more precise about the behaviour of the game when you try to start it?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Right, here's what it says when I try and open the client: "Unable to start PathOfExile.exe. Please go to your Path of Exile directory and run it manually"

I actually un-installed and then re-installed PoE again, was able to play once more, but now the same error message (as above) shows up when I try and play the game a second time. This may be easily solvable if I simply run the .exe manually but I'm rather inept at these things and not sure how to do that.
Found out what manually means, went to Program Files to start the client but still got the same message as before. Not sure what to do.
Check the size of your gamefolder.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info