Mythos failed & POE should learn about it

Who doesnt knew Mythos(EU) was a Hack&Slay MMORPG as well the lving for first few quests was rather quick afterwards it was a longer time Grinding till they added daily quest to improve it on a certain lv Range.
1.)So Lving was quicker and players reached Lv Cap...
2.)but with an Lack of High lv content so alot ppl left.
3.)Item Mall itself didnt had many things worth to buy there>so an Lack of income for the puplisher

To POE now so far ive seen trough youtube:
1.)to fast lving doesnt seems to be a Problem it looked to me first few lvs actully more slowly
2.)No Idea at all>.>How could the high lv content look at all...but only some pvp mode would be more kina boring but could be ofc intresting...how about extra LVs for Pvping and skillpoint system's those should only affect PvP not in PvE
3.)That gonna be a freaking tough problem...on one hand dont giving the player something what affect his power on other hand beeing usefull enough to get some payers to keep POE alive
While you have some valid points. This game is differnt from Mythos in that the dev's are VERY active. Mythos failed from lack of support. Frogster just took what the Korean's gave them and made no attmept whatsoever to actually do anything else. Then, they just dropped it altogether since their lack of support is what caused the lack of content and players to leave. It was a snowball effect really. Lack of interaction + support + content lead to unhappy customers + loss of customers which lead to them not caring even more.

I'm sure WhiteBoy could tell you more. He was prominent on the forums at Mythos EU just as he is here. His post about his Wraeclast Clan is ultimately what led me to PoE =D
Last edited by FaceLicker on Nov 19, 2011, 6:36:59 AM
What? Me, Mythos? I don't know what you're talking about. I deny any involvement in that catastrophe!

The biggest issue with Mythos EU was that Hanbit was trying to take a great H&S and turn it into an MMO. GGG isn't trying to do this; they even want to avoid being called an MMO. They know what their game is meant to be. They're not taking someone else's work and butchering it by trying to add MMO features to it and forcing players to buy from the cash shop to have a chance at getting good gear.

As FaceLicker said, GGG also listens to their community. Hanbit didn't give a crap what the EU and NA players had to say. They were making a game for the Asian market, and they were going to stick to it no matter who hated it. Frogster got stuck with a bad deal. They were only the publisher, which made them, as the only people hearing the players' outcry, the middlemen who got blamed.

Enough of that; on to your 3 points:
1) GGG wants it to take a very long time to get to level 100. I think I remember someone saying it should take about as long as it took in D2 (a very long time without cheating).
2) The "end-game" will most likely be grinding/farming. There will be PvP, but nothing special directed at and made solely for high levels, as far as I know. The intention is that you replay the game instead of sitting on 1 max level character.
3) This one is largely up to the players. GGG doesn't want to sell any form of advantage, and I love that. I would much rather buy something just for my own enjoyment than be coerced into buying something because I have to in order to stay competitive. GGG will make their money if enough players think like this.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
1.) & 2.) Sounds so far fine to me
but 3.) is seems still a big problem to me of course most/nobody wants advantage's to buy on other hand besides
things like warehouse/inventory expansions would be only intresting stuff to buy(if they actully even sell something like that(kinda a advantage too))
Item Mall ruined but saved alot of Games always up to how they are set up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info