50gr protein in 100gr FOOD? WTF?

So i was looking at how much protein there is in beans and i stumbled upon soyabeans.
It stated that these particular beans contain 25~ grams of protein in each medium sized scoop.
Went to my local supermarket and i found out they had none of these particular beans (that's Greece for you). Fortunately, i found they had soya small kebup (or smn) and while looking at the back of the product, i saw it has 50 grams of protein in 100gr of food.

To all the BB out there, eat that shit!
I heard from someone that soya products are carcinogenic but after some google searches i found out that there are no researches supporting this claim. On the contrary, many researches seemed to state that on the contrary, soya products seem to be anti-carcinogenic.

Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Apr 9, 2015, 12:46:21 PM
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
So i was looking at how much protein there is in beans and i stumbled upon soyabeans.
It stated that these particular beans contain 25~ grams of protein in each medium sized scoop.
Went to my local supermarket and i found out they had none of these particular beans (that's Greece for you). Fortunately, i found they had soya small kebup (or smn) and while looking at the back of the product, i saw it has 50 grams of protein in 100gr of food.

To all the BB out there, eat that shit!
I heard from someone that soya products are carcinogenic but after some google searches i found out that there are no researches supporting this claim. On the contrary, many researches seemed to state that on the contrary, soya products seem to be anti-carcinogenic.

- Soya contain fake estrogen (a Female hormone, why do you think it is recommended for women to eat soja when having menopause?).

That is the invers of testosterone and will decrease your muscle gain (and will grow you boobs)

*boob part little exaggerated :P*

-Vegetable protein are not complete, so in any case even with 50g of those I am not sure you would get the same as 30g of meat protein.

also
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2004/nov/07/foodanddrink.features7

Dr Anderson has no doubt about the conclusions of her own research: the more soya a man eats, she believes, the more difficulty he will have in fertilising an egg

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 9, 2015, 1:25:45 PM
"
lolozori wrote:

-Vegetable protein are not complete, so in any case even with 50g of those I am not sure you would get the same as 30g of meat protein.

also

Dr Anderson has no doubt about the conclusions of her own research: the more soya a man eats, she believes, the more difficulty he will have in fertilising an egg

Vegetable protein can be absorbed just as any protein, as long as you pair it with another protein intake so that you get the amino acid that the vegetable one is lacking.
On the fake estrogen part, you are right. I found it out just a bit after posting this thread. Well i guess i ll stick to normal beans and regular meat/eggs (along with protein supplement/yogurts etc).

Fcking food industry.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Apr 9, 2015, 1:30:57 PM
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

also

Vegetable protein can be absorbed just as any protein, as long as you pair it with another protein intake so that you get the amino acid that the vegetable one is lacking.
On the fake estrogen part, you are right. I found it out just a bit after posting this thread. Well i guess i ll stick to normal beans and regular meat/eggs (along with protein supplement/yogurts etc).

Fcking food industry.

You can maybe try hemp-protein. Few MMA pro fighter on the Joe Rogan podcast are selling it as a good alternative.

Can t tell you myself if this good Never tested .

http://www.livestrong.com/article/88254-benefits-hemp-protein/
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 9, 2015, 1:38:16 PM
i highly doubt i can find that in greece.

I guess ill keep eating the same stuff i ate along with my protein supplement 1/2 times per day.
Will cover 120gr ~ of protein i need daily.
I just thought i could go the soy way to fulfill my protein needs faster/easier, but it seems that stuff isnt the be all end all it was said to be.
Why u no eat humous?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Too much lactose.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I prefer pea protien myself (for smoothies/protien shakes) but I have made some dishes with soya. In Mexico they make a vegan civeche with soya instead of fish. The taste is pretty bland before it's mixed with anything but if you add some lemon onions and cilantro it will have a realy nice flavor.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
I just don't have any protein. Except for very rarely.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
I just don't have any protein. Except for very rarely.

I find that hard to believe unless you dont eat any fruits, vegetable, legumes, nuts, dairy, meat, eggs. If you ate nothing but fruit you would still get about 10% of your calories from protein found in the fruit that you ate. Unless your an athlete or body builder of some sorts 10% of your calories coming from protein is plenty to live a healthy life.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info