Item Development - Information

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Without this item, they would have zero options for a weapon in an Icestorm build, and would not be able to make that build at all. With it, they have one option for a weapon (and can build their other gear differently based on their preference), and can make the build. This has literally only added build diversity.
The only thing it added to build diversity is one build which is locked to exactly one weapon. While with real skill gems there are different weapon (or weapon+shield, or dual-wield) options.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Arcis wrote:
why don't you just make it so the mod says "Grants the Icestorm skill" ?

But than you stil dont know about the fact that the skill gives more damage for every 10 int.
And if the skill is not in the game you cant look it up at the skill gem.
So how are people going to know without having to look it up somewhere.
I think that is what they are also trying to find out.
Playing since 0.9.2g
What took so long to add iceStorm. I've been waiting for such a skill for a while now. xD
Is the other skill shown in the action bar the summon chaos golem?
Isn't a waste having a new skill with such a limited use? And i hope its not just another leveling unique.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Erak wrote:
Nobody cares about leveling uniques, we have plenty of those already. I haven`t yet been convinced that attribute scaling is good idea since the bonuses they grant are small. Icestorm is going to be like "frozen sky" bloodline mod? It`s going to be as widely used as Firestorm, very generic. I`d like to see a "meteor" type of skill.

?

I care, stop speaking for everyone
<Removed by support>
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Apr 8, 2015, 10:12:52 AM
"
Raafje wrote:
And if the skill is not in the game you cant look it up at the skill gem.

i think the fact that there is a mod on the staff that scales your spell damage with int is enough of an indicator of what the point of the skill is supposed to be. as long as people don't think "level 1 skill = terrible base damage" they will be curious about how this build will play out. people don't just assume every unique is garbage. they look at it, see what it does, and decide from there. i think that when people see that your damage scales with int, they will be curious about how good it actually ends up being, and either look it up or try it themselves.
When the alternative is not getting to use icestorm at all, this unique is awesome. Getting to stack int for damage is also pretty great.

What's the damage effectiveness of the Icestorm?
IGN: Drusek
oh shit :( all i can see in this article is: Blah, Blah, Blah, Sorry guys, act4 wont be released in April

it makes me so sad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info