Pledge of Hands vs +3 Fire Gems 22% Cast Speed staff for SRS.

FOR MAPPING 66/78... With a full end-game build, a 6Link, etc... What is better?

I know the +3 Fire lets you have level 28 SRS, but if level 21 SRS doesn't die in 78 maps, shouldn't Pledge of Hands be better?

I have played the build before, but only for a few days and I haven't had the chance to get my hands on a Pledge of Hands. The 7th link adds more dps than level 28 SRS or not?
I personally would say the +3 fire gems would probably be better.
Any other opinions or maths on the subject? I'm sure more than 1 people are wondering the same thing. :D
It's level 28 vs level 24, which is 46.6% more damage. Few supports give that much damage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
It's level 28 vs level 24, which is 46.6% more damage. Few supports give that much damage.

Minion Damage gives 92% increased minion damage.

I'm not sure if 46.6% more is better or not... There aren't that many minion damage nodes on the tree...

I think the fact that a level 30 spell echo isn't too much better than a level 20 spell echo makes the 22% cast speed on the 3 fire staff better than Pledge, so 3 fire staff probably wins.
Last edited by Vaagur on Apr 7, 2015, 3:19:07 AM
Uniques rarely out-perform good or perfect rares. Even Mjolner isn't better than a mirrored rare, as Mjolner only enables the proc of up to three lightning-based spells that are socketed within it, which also limits supports.

Whereas a perfect rare dagger can allow you to reach 250k or greater physical DPS, while enabling near constant crits and thereby unlimited flasks.

All POH gives is a ton of increased spell damage (negligible for SRS), mana, and a level 30 SE. None of this should even remotely be compared to +3 to levels to all fire gems and +1 to all gems, regardless.
With an 11% cast speed staff i can cast them as fast as i can with the pledge.

The difference is i can replace the echo with a added fire dmg.

Is added fire worth giving up 4 levels in srs?
Good thread!!!
I'm currently using +3 fire staff without cast speed, so i take 5 jewel sokets:
3 minion damage 47% more minion damage
1 Cast Speed 6%
1 Cast Speed 5% + 8% minion speed
Cast Speed 0.34 sec.
I have a 6-link pledge of Hands in other char and i try it, almost same cast speed... 0.32 but even with melee physical damage gem feels like lost very much power.

Obviously, clear speed it's too fast, and there is no diference in maps, just tiny difference in high bosses.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info