Optimization: Can this setup be improved?

Gear

I have just over 4k life, almost never take significant damage, and have no trouble against any non-boss situations. Opening unIDed strongboxes, even when exiles popup, are never problematic. Even SBs that freeze me or detonate nearby corpses with a load of corpses don't pose any threat, provided that I have enemies to incinerate.

Enfeeble and Temporal Chains are staying, as they are my main form of defense. They're at the lowest level for CWDT so that they always proc immediately and often, so curses are almost always up. Enemies have an effective DPS of 60.84% of normal (22% less damage and then 22% slower), which is a 40% difference from such low level gems. So I'd dare say that leveling them up would result in a less effective setup.

Once I can get a +1 curse amulet, I'm going to plug in Warlord's Mark as my main source of leech so I can use an Added Damage gem instead of Life Leech. Additionally, Faster Projectiles will be replaced by another Added Damage gem once Incinerate hits level 20.

Curse immunity, corrupt blood, lightning thorns, and reflect haven't proven problematic either. The only thing I haven't faced is a reflect mob inside of a reflecting map, but I doubt that would be a problem unless I dump the LL support, rely on Warlord's for leech, and they're curse immune.

Any ideas on how to improve this?

Edit:

I'll be getting two 1% fire leech Cybil's as I am able, and this'll probably be the first upgrade I trade for.

After that I'll be getting either a Belly of the Beast, Cherrubim's Maleficence (leech rate, though not likely if I use LL support with quality), or a rare chest with life and res.

Faster Projectiles is required until I can get quality on my Incinerate.

GMP is required for shotgunning and AOE coverage. I'm relying heavily on my LGOSH from both Cybil's, so LMP is simply not an option.
Last edited by Natharias on Apr 7, 2015, 4:07:44 PM
what do you want to achieve with cwdt + fp + ball lightning setup? little bit of extra life on hit? seems kinda strange because you sacrifice the slot for it while not having maxed life on hit on your Cybils (edit: or trying to proc EE?)

why no fire penetration gem? I know, it does not increase tooltip dps but it greatly increases the real dps, especially against resistant enemies

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 7, 2015, 1:37:53 PM
Imo, GMP and fater proj is a huge waste. GMP is used to shot gun, no need in faster proj for that. If u dont shot gun, than u r way better off using LMP. Added chaos would definitely be a better support, than faster casting.

Life leech and life on hit is a bit overkill, but still ok, if u like it.

Use arctic breath instead of fp in ur cwdt combo, huge defense boost. And is not reduced by 60% on map bosses, like curses.

AA will helm with reflect. U would probably need mana regen on gear.

To already mention mana regen, add spell and fire dmg and cast speed on amu, fire dmg and cast speed on rings. Ofc all with 70+ life.

Get another perfect cybils paw. Corrupt cybils to get life leech, or block chance.

Get a real 6L. helmet with 90+ life, leather belt with 130+ life.
Last edited by 1337fun on Apr 7, 2015, 1:16:01 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
what do you want to achieve with cwdt + fp + ball lightning setup? little bit of extra life on hit? seems kinda strange because you sacrifice the slot for it while not having maxed life on hit on your Cybils (edit: or trying to proc EE?)

why no fire penetration gem? I know, it does not increase tooltip dps but it greatly increases the real dps, especially against resistant enemies

It's mainly for group spam. You know those frogs that jump and hit you almost simultaneously? That setup stops that from ever being a problem. This is even better when a large group (either naturally spawned, strongbox, etc) hits you rapidly. I was going to use just two sockets, CWDT + Frost Wall, but that doesn't help against everything. The only time it's not useful is against bosses or hard hitters, as I'll only get ~75-150 life per proc.

Fire Penetration would replace Life Leech for bosses, but raw damage for regular content. I'm using Life Leech to make sure I don't have any close calls or actually die. I never run without some form of leech, even if I have LGOH. Call it practice.

"
1337fun wrote:
Imo, GMP and fater proj is a huge waste. GMP is used to shot gun, no need in faster proj for that. If u dont shot gun, than u r way better off using LMP. Added chaos would definitely be a better support, than faster casting.

No. The increased range and coverage is required for what I'm doing. By switching to LMP, I lose 40% of my possible LGOSH from Incinerate alone. Dumping the range from FP (due to lack of quality on incinerate), would gimp my ability to cover an entire mob. Without FP, I'd get maybe 50-75% of a large mob, while FP allows me to cover the entire mob, giving more LGOSH.

So GMP is a must and FP is a must until I can get quality on Incinerate. Life Leech can be dropped, but I keep it for defensive purposes.

"
1337fun wrote:
Use arctic breath instead of fp in ur cwdt combo, huge defense boost. And is not reduced by 60% on map bosses, like curses.

FP and BL are used only for the LGOSH from both of my weapons. Arctic Breath would reduce the potential gain from LGOSH.

"
1337fun wrote:
AA will helm with reflect. U would probably need mana regen on gear.

I don't have enough planned mana to add in AA.

"
1337fun wrote:
To already mention mana regen, add spell and fire dmg and cast speed on amu, fire dmg and cast speed on rings. Ofc all with 70+ life.

If I can get such good rings, I will. But I won't have the currency to do so for quite some time.

"
1337fun wrote:
Get another perfect cybils paw. Corrupt cybils to get life leech, or block chance.

Forgot about that. I'll either go 2% fire leech on both or one with 1% leech and one with culling strike. Most likely go with the leech on both, though.

"
1337fun wrote:
Get a real 6L. helmet with 90+ life, leather belt with 130+ life.

All as currency comes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info