Is Graveyard Merveil worse than Necro Merveil?!

Title.
Beat Necropolis and once the Necromancers were down I actually enjoyed it, but find Graveyard impossible...?
Lasting permafreeze zones, near-invincible swords, and somehow higher damage?
Kept running out of Sapphire and having to bail until all 6 portals were gone, yet only half of her HP down because too busy trying to not die and play ring around the rosie with her and her adds.

Over 5kHP, capped resists, and over 12k DPS mean nothing. O.o
So guess I need 10kHP, 30kDPS, and a specific bunch of uniques eh?
That weird self found player who doesn't aim for any build? Yeah that's me, hi.
Self-Found No-Death No-Log Merciless Dom; hell yeah! Now will I ever do it in HC...? Oh dear.
P.S. Please delete Magnus and all Devourers.
Last edited by CajNatalie on Apr 6, 2015, 4:52:13 PM
It depends entirely on the map mods. If the mods were the same, then you must've gotten either lazy or unlucky in the Graveyard. The only fundamental difference between the two is that necro merveil has her second form, and graveyard doesn't.
Many people report that Graveyard is harder actually.

My response is usually why the fuck would you do it (it's a 70 map, basically the best you can get it 72 which is worthless)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:

My response is usually why the fuck would you do it (it's a 70 map, basically the best you can get it 72 which is worthless)
Running dry on maps while trying to solo as far as I can is why I'd do it, also if I can find how to beat her BS it'll be satisfying to kill her. =P

P.S. The game apologised and game me 11 maps shortly after.
First Cartobox in days.
Self-Found No-Death No-Log Merciless Dom; hell yeah! Now will I ever do it in HC...? Oh dear.
Yeah I get the feel haha, what's your build?
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Yeah I get the feel haha, what's your build?

Self found no uniques with Lightning Tendrils as main attack.
Ball Lightning / Storm Call have uses while enemies are out of range.

Can convert to Arc; sometimes do; but it gets extremely boring just standing there holding a button down while auto-aim does the work, so I don't.

But yeah, Tendrils not compatible with running around in circles in Merveil's little cave so I was stuck throwing out balls most of the time until giving up.
Something like Temple Piety is considerably easy in comparison because I can clean up the adds and move in for damage in clear openings.
Last edited by CajNatalie on Apr 6, 2015, 9:13:00 PM
Merveil's icestream attack is a fair bit stronger in graveyard than necropolis. I find the graveyard one to be more difficult, the necropolis one is pretty easy imho.
"
CajNatalie wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Running dry on maps while trying to solo as far as I can is why I'd do it, also if I can find how to beat her BS it'll be satisfying to kill her. =P

P.S. The game apologised and game me 11 maps shortly after.
First Cartobox in days.

First box in days????? I found 2 in the entire last league. And I play a lot.
Found 1 in the 1 month race, while leveling in A3M just before I started mapping, so pretty useless even though it dropped like 10 maps after rolling it nicely. Buff spawn rate (i don't mind droprate if they at least spawn)!
Never had any troubles with her on any of my hardcore characters, even melee. Is tendrils even a viable single target spell for bosses like her?
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Can be very viable with Conc, seen over 60k in temp leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info