IDEAS FOR FAST LEVELING MARAUDER??

hi am playing now marauder for about 1 week now on one month torment bloodline event for the seraph armour set and i was doing well in terms of damage and survivabillity thanks to instant flasks but i came to death many times but doesnt matter since am playing the softcore version currently i am level 39 marauder with 2-Handed Axe

Spoiler
these are the items am using now and am having troubles i die too much i have 1,442 dps with my molten strike and i can say it's pretty fast but i can see the future ahead of me and i have a feeling it might not end well since this event for me it's taking too long, and am saying that cause i've seen guys ending this 1-event in a day or 2 so this is my gear guys i wonder if someone can tell me what to do now so i can make better damage and be alive in the same time so i can use this build on hardcore as well,i will post below my passive skill tree as well that i did follow as well my statics of my character screen so you can have a more detailed view of how much offense, defense, misc and charges i have so you eventually propuse me what to do cause i am desperate right now i melt my mind but i cant't go relax since i dont have much time to theorycraft anymore...em i saw that incinerate builds and seems pretty good for marauder so can i turn to that one now? or should i keep up with my axe cluster i choose?

Gear

Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree

screenshots of my status:

http://postimg.org/image/v4p62itg5/

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2ivhh55.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2zyv6o2.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/24e9pns.jpg

so any ideas how to make this faster it really takes too long to win this 1-month race cause i saw people finishing it in 1-2 days i want too so atleast some advices just how to level up faster remember am SC so i dont care if i die i just want that seraph blue suit badly it's awesome and i dont have all the time for me things end on 14/4/2015
Last bumped on May 5, 2017, 11:21:15 PM
What i do is this
I rush to Cruel Ledge and farm there until i'm around 2 levels above the zone ( and it's extremely easy to finish normal so that happens pretty fast ). Then i rush to The city of Sarn in cruel and farm there until i'm around 2 levels above the zone. Then i rush to The ledge merciless and farm there until i'm around 2 levels above the zone. Then i rush to The city of Sarn in merciless and farm there until i reach around 65 ( sometimes even 70 ). After that i either farm in the lunaris temple level 2 and 3 for a few levels or i just start farming low level maps ( 66-69 ).

Note that instead of City of Sarn you could farm The docks

At least thats what i usually do ...

Got 8/8 challenges in both races in less than a week ( check the effects not the actual items ofc ^^ )

I don't really have th time to look at your build atm .. but quick advice .. grab Resolute technique ... ASAP
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 6, 2015, 11:20:42 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
What i do is this
I rush to Cruel Ledge and farm there until i'm around 2 levels above the zone ( and it's extremely easy to finish normal so that happens pretty fast ). Then i rush to The city of Sarn in cruel and farm there until i'm around 2 levels above the zone. Then i rush to The ledge merciless and farm there until i'm around 2 levels above the zone. Then i rush to The city of Sarn in merciless and farm there until i reach around 65 ( sometimes even 70 ). After that i either farm in the lunaris temple level 2 and 3 for a few levels or i just start farming low level maps ( 66-69 ).

Note that instead of City of Sarn you could farm The docks

At least thats what i usually do ...

Got 8/8 challenges in both races in less than a week ( check the effects not the actual items ofc ^^ )

I don't really have th time to look at your build atm .. but quick advice .. grab Resolute technique ... ASAP

Nice 1 challenge achievement, there.

Actual advice: Don't level as a melee character. Use something like flameblast to get to a level where you can properly support your build.
Maybe you'd like to check the items he linked and understand that he's talking about the one month league. The sign next to his name is from torment/bloodlines.

Levelling as a melee is perfectly fine. Good luck using flameblast on a duelist/marauder without any spell/ele damage nodes.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Commenting on a post without actually reading or understand it is almost as sad as the crazy idea of the majority of PoE players that melee is crap and that it is unplayable... it's just... yeah... sad.

Like is said i've "Got 8/8 challenges in both races in less than a week"
The one month events are RACES and i was talking about those while at the same time providing the proof for my statement ( you get both helmet effect rewards when you've completed all challenges in both races )
On the other hand the "1" next to my name ( just like Etherfire explained ) is from the 4 month leagues . It's actually the "kill these Bloodlines packs" ... and i've got it the last few days of the league while i was testing my melee (i know outrageous!) build for the one month HC race ... which actually turned out great ( you can look up the thread in this forum section )... solo, 2h, melee, hardcore build... i know... it must be mindblowing for some... but hey the world is full of wonders! And to further blow the minds of some of you i'll tell you this : in HC i've played with the said 2h, melee marauder and it was so much easier to complete the challenges compared to the crit shadow Arc build that i've played in the non-HC race that it's just ridiculous!

So yea ... don't level as a melee... melee is crap and you know it ( after all everyone says that right? Even if most of those players never actually played melee )... arc, freezing pulse, incinerate or flameblast all the way and of course maybe Tornado shot if you feel funky ... because PoE is all about build diversity you know and we are proud of it!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 8, 2015, 9:59:14 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Commenting on a post without actually reading or understand it is almost as sad as the crazy idea of the majority of PoE players that melee is crap and that it is unplayable... it's just... yeah... sad.

Like is said i've "Got 8/8 challenges in both races in less than a week"
The one month events are RACES and i was talking about those while at the same time providing the proof for my statement ( you get both helmet effect rewards when you've completed all challenges in both races )
On the other hand the "1" next to my name ( just like Etherfire explained ) is from the 4 month leagues . It's actually the "kill these Bloodlines packs" ... and i've got it the last few days of the league while i was testing my melee (i know outrageous!) build for the one month HC race ... which actually turned out great ( you can look up the thread in this forum section )... solo, 2h, melee, hardcore build... i know... it must be mindblowing for some... but hey the world is full of wonders! And to further blow the minds of some of you i'll tell you this : in HC i've played with the said 2h, melee marauder and it was so much easier to complete the challenges compared to the crit shadow Arc build that i've played in the non-HC race that it's just ridiculous!

So yea ... don't level as a melee... melee is crap and you know it ( after all everyone says that right? Even if most of those players never actually played melee )... arc, freezing pulse, incinerate or flameblast all the way and of course maybe Tornado shot if you feel funky ... because PoE is all about build diversity you know and we are proud of it!

I never said melee is bad for leveling, but it will be until you can properly support it. All that the spell gems need are levels, really. Melee requires the correct gear (miss chance sucks and the % lies) My main characters are melee builds, but it would have been painfully slow to try to force something I didn't have the gear for yet
i'll say it yet again in fresh races with absolutely no items...
RT 2h melee marauder took me ~24h to reach level 80 in HC ( solo, self-found )
crit Arc shadow took me ~36h to reach level 80 in SC ( solo, self-found )

Leveling with a melee is just stupendously easy ... all you need is an "ok" weapon ... something which is extremely easy to obtain ( especially with the master crafting benches ) not to mention that they are very cheap ( if you decide to buy one ) ... getting the right weapon is just so .. easy ... and hit chance ... just grab RT .. it's not like your crit chance/multiplier is astronomical in the low-mid levels ... especially as a marauder ( and this is the marauder section after all ) if you decide to go crit in the end ( and again this is marauder section ... if you want to go crit marauder is probably not the best choice ) you can always refund out of it.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 8, 2015, 2:28:23 PM
nice to know, what gear suffix/prefix should i be looking for?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info