Bandit Quest Abandoned

So, I just found out about /passives, and I noticed that only (n) showed up for the bandit quests. So, I checked the quest log and now I'm confused...

Normal - no problem, quest reward shows up just fine.
Spoiler

Cruel - This is my biggest issue. Not only does /passives not show anything for cruel, but the quest tab says "Quest Abandoned - You have aided a Bandit Lord". Now at first I just figured that I did technically help a bandit, so maybe it's no big deal, right? But then I went to Merciless...
Spoiler

Merciless - Ok. I helped a bandit again here, so it should say "Quest Abandoned" again, right? Nope. It says "Quest Complete - You have slain Alira and Kraityn. Oak has rewarded you with a permanent +1 to Maximum Endurance Charges."
Spoiler

So, do I not have the Cruel bandit reward from Oak? My wife has similar issues with her character. The only thing I can think is that we were partying, but helping/killing different bandits. We did leave our groups when if one of us had to kill one while the other had to help, but we stayed in a party when we both had to either kill or help the same bandits.

Oak and Eramir both have the same dialog in both difficulties (cruel and merciless).

Did we screw something up? Are we missing bonuses?
Everything's fine, you can't really miss the quest and bonuses, it's part of the main questline.

The thing is, when you aid a bandit lord it closes up the quest 'deal with bandits', because you technically failed it, and opens another quest log entry 'bandit lord xyz' saying that you helped a bandit lord and what he gave you for it. Just check the quest icon to the right of deal with bandits to see the other one.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I never even noticed the second quest log entry.

Much appreciated. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info