Right Clicking Auras

When I first started playing, I would randomly notice my auras dropped. First build was CI so turning off Discipline was a big deal. I speculated that hitting exactly 0 mana would cause an aura to drop but verified that false. I then thought it was a bug, but couldn't find any meaningful correlations. Eventually I noticed you could right click auras off. At the time I searched for an option to disable and it did not exist. I wrote it off as a 'learn to play' thing and accepted it. Over a year since then and I still have not 'learned to play' so I'm thinking off obscure ways to stop from doing it. Here is what im considering:

Mapping right click to another key and ctrl+rclick as normal right click.
Finding way to make rectangular area that can't be right clicked.

I was curious if anyone else had found a smarter way to combat this. Before anyone says l2p, I tried. Apparently I have a learning disability in this area :)
Wow, I didn't realize that was even a thing! I'm so glad I map my main skill to q....
I myself casting all auras and then removing them from the skill bar, so I can't click on them by accident. Yes every time.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
I myself casting all auras and then removing them from the skill bar, so I can't click on them by accident. Yes every time.

Everyone does that, that's not what Nubatron is talking about. Look, he had 7 challenges done in torment/bloodlines, I think he'd know to do something *that* simple.

You know those icons in the top-left corner representing your auras? Try right clicking one after activating all of your auras and removing them from the skill bar.

It turns off immediately. It doesn't matter where your skills are mapped, if those icons are there, your auras are in danger.

But don't feel bad, like I said in my last post, I didn't realize that was a thing until Nubatron posted about it here.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 6, 2015, 12:42:51 PM
Set a small window over your buffs as "always on top" , now you aren't able to click them as you will simply click the overlay window instead. I have no idea how you're managing to do that honestly but this sounds like a reasonable solution.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
Last edited by infinityi on Apr 6, 2015, 10:32:34 PM
"
infinityi wrote:
Set a small window over your buffs as "always on top" , now you aren't able to click them as you will simply click the overlay window instead. I have no idea how you're managing to do that honestly but this sounds like a reasonable solution.

Presumably the way he's doing it is by targeting enemies in the top-left corner, and then either using a right-click skill or just clicking frantically and accidentally right-clicking in the midst of it.

If you can make the overlay window invisible (which should totally be possible in windows 8), that doesn't sound like a bad solution (you still want to be able to _see_ enemies in the top-left), but won't it just plain not work in fullscreen mode?

The optimal solution is to use AutoHotkey or a similar program to turn all right-clicks to the region defined as the rectangle between [0,0] and [x, y] as a no-op, where x and y are found experimentally as the bottom-right corner of the greatest number of auras that OP runs. But I don't know offhand if autohotkey provides that kind of functionality. It's definitely 100% possible for a program *like* autohotkey to do it, though, and it shouldn't be a bannable offense.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 6, 2015, 11:50:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info