COMMUNITY I NEED YOUR HELP!!

hi am playing now marauder for about 1 week now on one month torment bloodline event for the seraph armour set and i was doing well in terms of damage and survivabillity thanks to instant flasks but i came to death many times but doesnt matter since am playing the softcore version currently i am level 39 marauder with 2-Handed Axe

Spoiler
these are the items am using now and am having troubles i die too much i have 1,442 dps with my molten strike and i can say it's pretty fast but i can see the future ahead of me and i have a feeling it might not end well since this event for me it's taking too long, and am saying that cause i've seen guys ending this 1-event in a day or 2 so this is my gear guys i wonder if someone can tell me what to do now so i can make better damage and be alive in the same time so i can use this build on hardcore as well,i will post below my passive skill tree as well that i did follow as well my statics of my character screen so you can have a more detailed view of how much offense, defense, misc and charges i have so you eventually propuse me what to do cause i am desperate right now i melt my mind but i cant't go relax since i dont have much time to theorycraft anymore...em i saw that incinerate builds and seems pretty good for marauder so can i turn to that one now? or should i keep up with my axe cluster i choose?

Gear

screenshots of my status:

Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree

http://postimg.org/image/v4p62itg5/

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2ivhh55.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2zyv6o2.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/24e9pns.jpg
Last edited by Graklak on Apr 5, 2015, 3:29:19 PM
Get new rings, a new chest and a new amulet (you are using a white one?). They should have resists and life, thats the most important thing to look for when leveling a new char.

For your skilltree, you need to go for more life:

In the marauder section.

The Barbarism node.

Also, if you are using molten strike, go for the Lava Lash cluster, you don't need to pick up any path nodes, it should offer you some good damage (get it after life though).

Also, you seem to be rather inconsistent with your skilltree: You start one cluster but don't finish it:

The By the Blade Cluster

The Cleaving Part of the "Axe Wheel"

The Duelist Area

In addition to all the life you are at already.

If possible, get a 4L armor so you can add WED to Molten Strike, it's a core damage enhancing support gem for it.
Last edited by Arviû on Apr 5, 2015, 3:00:24 PM
Spoiler
"
Arviû wrote:
Get new rings, a new chest and a new amulet (you are using a white one?). They should have resists and life, thats the most important thing to look for when leveling a new char.

For your skilltree, you need to go for more life:

In the marauder section.

The Barbarism node.

Also, if you are using molten strike, go for the Lava Lash cluster, you don't need to pick up any path nodes, it should offer you some good damage (get it after life though).

Also, you seem to be rather inconsistent with your skilltree: You start one cluster but don't finish it:

The By the Blade Cluster

The Cleaving Part of the "Axe Wheel"

The Duelist Area

In addition to all the life you are at already.

If possible, get a 4L armor so you can add WED to Molten Strike, it's a core damage enhancing support gem for it.

Spoiler
thank you very much for your reply my friend ideed you are right about the items the reason is curently i dont have so much currency to purchase something decent i was searching yesterday all night in poe.trade to find something decent with resists but nothing sutisfied me enough to buy it, plus u have also right about the Axe cluster right next to the marauder and u are also right about leaving my defences and heading to the offense mode so you are suggesting to buy orbs of regret and erase them? it's that i made so far with this little guy and since i started it dont want all of a sudden to leave him insted i wanna invest in him so i can have the chance to learn something about marauder, plus i must say it was wrong of me starting a char i dont know very well in term of build i know i must raise my resistances to MAX it;s anneceptable to have these minus resists, but i believe marauder Axe wont help to get to atziri and clear the 1-month that;s why i thought must swap it to incinerate cause it's seems too powerfull and easy but i dont know if the gear it's cheap i only learn to use gear worht the most 2c each piece.

so you believe if i run to life instead of armour nodes and damage i will be fine? but molten strike dmg would be viable even after these changes?
I wouldn't recommend respeccing with orbs of regret.

That's way to expensive for a lvl 30ish char.

Try to get life now, farm docks or lunaris to get xp and maybe a lucky drop.

Also for doing the one month race challenges:

I recommend:

- Level to 80 (duh!)

- Buy an Atziri Run for 10c or smth once you hit 80.

- Encounters challenge is easy can be done by yourself.

- Other one: Either by yourself or /global 820

Don't switch the build around, play it or reroll a new dedicated build

i wonder how can take this 1-MTBL took only from some other players a day or 2 MAX what are those builds the skill gems they are using and what tactic they followed
Unless you plan on trading this is how I upgrade my gear
Newbie Guide to Improving your gear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/646392
It's not for everyone. I play slow and don't care about having the highest level build. If you're looking to get to the highest level as soon as possible my play style is not for you. I would say read it and then take what info you might find helpful and discard the rest.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Graklak wrote:
i wonder how can take this 1-MTBL took only from some other players a day or 2 MAX what are those builds the skill gems they are using and what tactic they followed

We level with skills like Flameblast or Lightning Tendrils, skip useless zones and spend our currency carefully.
Currently I play a lvl 38 2H Marauder too (self found, but with different characters). I didn't yet focus on a certain weapon type, but some staves appeal to me the most because of their chance to block and the Riposte gem working with it. So I think I will skill the block nodes, but mostly stay with general 2H phys dmg nodes.

My skill tree is different:

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAdwD7gmWC2EUIBo-Hb4elCkuMfszhzkOPC1Hfkz_UEdfP2VNZ5t343gNeWh7jHy4fuCExITZhVKXeZtYnleuPq9svTa-ir6nwQTkUesJ7w7yLw==

Because one of my next goals is to skill Iron Reflexes. Then I hope this item will make me more durable:

I'd suggest to focus on one single target attack, one aoe attack and one or two support attacks (minions/totems). Furthermore a defensive Cwdt setup.

My current gear:

Spoiler

The Pillar is my favorite weapon, atm it increases my physical damage by 272% (178 Str). Previously I had a Sweep+Curse on Hit+Vulnerability setup, but I changed that, because it overwrote the emergency curse too fast. The other staff I mainly use because of the increased block chance against single targets, though dps with the Pillar is higher. The passive gems Vengeance and Riposte trigger quite often and already were a good help to ease fights (and to stay alive while afk).

I prefer Sweep over every other aoe like Molten Strike or Static Strike, because it doesn't need to hit a target first to work and also has no delay.
If you want to continue to use axes, this is a very good weapon for early levels:

Or, if you find/buy a Culling Strike support gem, link it to your favourite attack(s).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info