Hybrids to rule them all HC

Many peeps go HP / armour or HP / evasion OR pure es
But what most peeps don't know is that a hybrid IS WAY more powerful *( especially in hardcore )
This is tanks to the Armour being useless against high hits
And evade being random as fuck * evasion is left out of this equation because of it )
Evasion can be way better or way worse depending on the lucks of dodged attacks

Also note that some builds have a hard time to get 100% es from the skill tree and cant even go hybrid ! this is only for builds that could take some %es node,s instead of % hp

The hybrid build is based upon 100%-200% increased es node,s + high es / hp items
( hybrids can get 3000-4000 hp and 7000-10.000 es + 30-50% armour ) whit some builds and good items but i took the evrage in all builds

also notice all builds could use MOM chest and similar items
have block / spell block / aa and so on Thus these have been left out of the eqasion

Lets get an example vs melee hits

Armour / hp
500 life regen ( 10% regen )
5000 hp
60% armour reduction
5% dodge

effective life small hits
5000+ 50% +5% < 7500 + 500 +500 per second
so about 8750 hp first second against small hits

effective life high damge hits
5000+ 20% +5% 6000 + 500 regen +250
7000 hp first second

ES pure
7000-10000 es * pure es items )
500-1000 es regen ( 5-10% regen )
5% armour
5% dodge

effective life small hits ( also big hits sins no armour )
8000+ +5% +5% 8800 + 500 per sec
so 9300 effective hp the first second

Hybrid ( 250 regen on hp or on es * use pots to mitigate chaos damage )
3000-4000 hp
4000-6000 es
20-30% Armour ( hybrid items )
5% dodge

3000+5000 + 25% +5% + 250 regen ( regen can be on hp or es < depends on skill setup )
10.650 effective hp the first second

3000+5000 +5% + 250 regen ( regen can be on hp or es < depends on skill setup )
8400 effective hp the first second

as u can see a hybrid wins ( although a small % against es ) it beat hp

i did not add lifeleech cus that works on all setups ( and is based on melee vs spellcasters sins melee can have a higher amount of life steal ! )

But now look @ spell damage all have 75% resistance

Armour / hp
500 life regen
5000 hp
60% armour reduction
5% dodge

5000+ 5% +500
5750 effective hp first second

ES pure
7000-10000 es * pure es items )
500-1000 es regen
5% armour
5% dodge

8000 +5% +500
8900 effective hp first second

Hybrid ( 250 regen on hp or on es * use pots to mitigate chaos damage )
3000-4000 hp
4000-6000 es
20-30% Armour ( hybrid items )
5% dodge

3000+5000 +5% + 250 regen ( regen can be on hp or es < depends on skill setup )

8650 effective hp first second

Pure es wins here by a small amount ( but u got to take in acount that the hybrid and hp builds have a higher chance not to be frozen burned or stunned ) witch give,s the hybrid the higher survivalist again !
Also notice i gave hybrids a low life regen ( they can get up and over 10% )

@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
Last edited by dragnar on Apr 5, 2015, 7:11:36 PM
It really depends on your build. I Peaked at 57th place last night in the 1MHC, level 90. He's an elemental incinerator, and It is by far the tankiest character I have ever made, and with only 5,000 life and 0 ES (EB).

Good Mitigation can make a smaller total health pool turn into a much bigger effective hp pool. For defense I have level 20 AA, lightning coil, saffels frame, purity of lightning, Acro+phase Acro, And atziris step. I also run dual curse, with hot coh enfeeble, and a cwdt enfeeble + warlords mark. I've survived things that none of my other chars would have made it through. Having mitigation like this imho is better than having 5,000 hp + 5,000 ES and 0 mitigation.
"
Nerdicide wrote:
It really depends on your build. I Peaked at 57th place last night in the 1MHC, level 90. He's an elemental incinerator, and It is by far the tankiest character I have ever made, and with only 5,000 life and 0 ES (EB).

Good Mitigation can make a smaller total health pool turn into a much bigger effective hp pool. For defense I have level 20 AA, lightning coil, saffels frame, purity of lightning, Acro+phase Acro, And atziris step. I also run dual curse, with hot coh enfeeble, and a cwdt enfeeble + warlords mark. I've survived things that none of my other chars would have made it through. Having mitigation like this imho is better than having 5,000 hp + 5,000 ES and 0 mitigation.

Yes true u can have real good mitigation as a pure hp build

* notice non of the base examples above have any other form of mitigation as in mom or aa
This is done cus all 3 builds could use any of those as also noted in the first post *

example my hybrid
Spoiler
I got 3.2k hp - 6k es ( lifesteal on es ) life regen on hp
75% chaos resistance
70% all resist

running lvl 12 aa * 30% buff inner force +5% from that hp node* and sins i am using Immortal Flesh i have about the same psychical reduction as u running lvl 20 aa

50% block 60% spell block
and sins i got lifesteal linked to Tempest Shield i heal every time i block

I also have 41% armour reduction added on that

and 5% evade LAL

I could drop my current Armour ( and 1 aura ) and use that mom chest and get even more mitigation < witch is not needed

And to get +2 curses i could drop my 4% block stone amulet and get +1 curses stone amulet

o and for kickers ( drop my rainbow striders ) and use atziris step just like u

Like i said its better in the end based on total damage u can mitigate
And absolutely not the only way to go ( or the best way to get the highest endgame damage )
Last edited by dragnar on Apr 5, 2015, 7:15:31 PM
Sure it's very strong for builds that can use this defence style (seen very very tanky flameblasters go this way when they have gear to run 20 AA without EB) but it's just not practical for a lot of builds.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
yeah the amount of regen you need to make that work would be an impressive site to behold indeed .
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Sure it's very strong for builds that can use this defence style (seen very very tanky flameblasters go this way when they have gear to run 20 AA without EB) but it's just not practical for a lot of builds.

Agree its not practical for all builds ( but es is easy to come by ) and most builds get close to ( or can drop some % hp for % es ) < NOT ALL BUILDS

But lets calculate oke

NO AA hybrid 3000 hp 5000 es VS AA 5000 hp
Spoiler

level 20 aa ( 5000 hp ) build mana drain 229.7 a second )
vs
hybrid NO aa

hp 161 psycal damge reduction
Hyb NON ( not even armour witch a hybrid should have easily )

amount of 500 damge hits needed to kill person ( whiteout re-gen / armour )

Hp 15x339 is 5084 < 15 hits
hyb 17x500 is 8500 < 17 hits * 16 is 8000 *

High damge hits

2000 damge hits ( whiteout armour / regen )

HP 3x1678 is 5034 < 3 hits

HYB 5x2000 is 10.000 < 5 hits ( 4 hits is 8000 )

aa + 5000 hp still lozes

a decent hybrid on its own has the same or better mitigation as AA
BUT don't forget a hybrid can use aa to even only a lvl 10 aa could offer even higer mitigation ( or other mitigation ) and outshine any pure form
The key here is not to go for 5000 hp ( but 3000-4000 hp and es )
the hp node,s u skip are invested in % es

also note AA only helps vs small melee hits and fire damage ( while es + hp help mitigate ALL ATTACKS )

Last edited by dragnar on Apr 5, 2015, 10:01:28 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

also FB not burn build *( hybrid ) on reflact map NO AA NO vaal pact( 10 stack killing ) p.s build was made as a test *( currently running L ball crit build hybrid )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1fLMtvEC0
Last edited by dragnar on Apr 5, 2015, 10:06:11 PM
The major and most significant problem of hybrid builds is the HP pool replenishment (active and passive regen), of both sources simultaneously.

You have to either leech life, or ES, and the need to depend on passive regen either for life, or ES.
Close combat, or aggressive style builds stay with ES constantly depleted in fights and have it regenerated out of them. The question is, why the hell is this ES, when it gets dry several seconds since fight has begun.
Those to pick GR got typically destroyed by chaos and degen, otherwise it requires heavy investment in passive regen and chaos res, but you usually can't have all.

I guess the only builds able to successfully go hybrid, are safe ones, which fight from distance and got rarely hit.
Also, investments in both life and ES leaves no room for solid AR/EV and exclude acro.
Hybrid builds exclude EB, AA respectively, as well.

For me, hybrid builds are a mess.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 6, 2015, 4:18:54 AM
well a good example of hybrid builds are also builds that dont put themselves in damage taking situations often.

like totem builds and summoners. in that case it is more useful to simply have a large amount of effective hit-points to just sop up any one-off hits that come your way.

This was useful enough on my traditional summoner that i built her to not need EB.
gave myself a decent 1500 es chunk with no investment into es and no discipline aura.
"
torturo wrote:
The major and most significant problem of hybrid builds is the HP pool replenishment (active and passive regen), of both sources simultaneously.

You have to either leech life, or ES, and the need to depend on passive regen either for life, or ES.
Close combat, or aggressive style builds stay with ES constantly depleted in fights and have it regenerated out of them. The question is, why the hell is this ES, when it gets dry several seconds since fight has begun.
Those to pick GR got typically destroyed by chaos and degen, otherwise it requires heavy investment in passive regen and chaos res, but you usually can't have all.

I guess the only builds able to successfully go hybrid, are safe ones, which fight from distance and got rarely hit.
Also, investments in both life and ES leaves no room for solid AR/EV and exclude acro.

For me, hybrid builds are a mess.

yeay smart person ;)

Your almost 100% right except
Spoiler
"

This part is wrong * investing in 5000+ life requires the same amount of stat points as investing in 3000 life and 4000-5000 es * if u take the es node,s in the Templar side ) u also get free Armour Granted it not as high as a pure hp could go in terms of armour but whit the larger health pool :)

( as whit EB < this is a investment of stat points / lower armour to )
also notice the aa calculation above ( hybrid's have the same amount ( or better mitigation ) as a person using lvl 20 aa ( and hybrid is using noting not even Armour witch a hybrid has)
also notice the % all resist in the Templar and shadow es node,s ? < this make,s it easier to get chaos resistance

Yes as a pure melee a hybrid is a mess
For a melee to work u need ghost raver < life steal to energy shield
Your life steal should keep your es up while your life regen mitigate,s chaos damage or use pots

But any character that's ranged bow users / totem users / casters / and ranged attack
Should not be taking damage 24/7 like a melee douse ;)

And lets be frank a lot of players dislike 100% melee and use ranged attacks ground slam lightning strike ( even as melee )
the key here is to go for ghost reaver instead of EB
3000 hp instead of 5000
es node,s give a higer % es as hp node,s give %hp
Last edited by dragnar on Apr 6, 2015, 9:35:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info