RIP my first HC char my report and questions

I ripped yesterday at lvl33 on the HC league and I am pretty satisfied with the results.

I did all myself, didn't look at any guide and died because I am not yet familiarized with the chicken times with ALT+F4, I had a really intense fight with a possesed exile and sinned ... I thought I could wait a little more and see if I could take him down but he had viper strike ... running through the corridors of the sewers, scaping, kiting ... good experience.

Seems that ALT+F4 though is not really tight, I had like 15% life left when I chickened and came back and I was in standard.

Any recommendations for my next char ?

It was a witch, I had about 400 life and 350 ES with good regen, purity of fire. I was doing good Q_Q

Is it a good strategy to invest in regen at the start ? Also, I was using Ice spear and traps as support skill but Ice Spear seemed a bit weak sometimes ( on a 3L )

Thanks
good strategy is to invest in life and resists.. 400 life is incredibly low
bad strategy is to invest in ES in the start. You cant recharge it during the fight and it does not cotribute to max HP used for stun chance / freeze duration calculations
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Only level with ES if you're using minions (which are bad early on) or massive freezes. But it's unlikely you'll be able to freeze bosses/exiles anyway.
Possessed mobs can be dangerous even if their unique mod is weak, they can provide a lot of extra dmg/attack and movement speed to the mobs.
Good early leveling spells are Lightning Tendrils, Fire Trap, Flameblast, Freezing Pulse with LMP. With these spells you can kill really fast and that becomes your best defense. Ice Spear requires a bit more specialization before it becomes good I think.

Way too low life.

Way too low. At 33, I'm usually at about 800. ES is dangerous because of desync etc.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Apr 5, 2015, 9:01:05 AM
"
chromafunk wrote:
Is it a good strategy to invest in regen at the start ?

No, it's a really bad one, since regen scales with your life pool. Practically a waste of nodes.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I am going to roll a Ranger now, what would be a good starting path ?
find all life nodes around your starting area, then take the fastest route to them. Repeat that until you're level 80 :D
400 life vs chaos damage is too low. 15% of 400 is 60 life so I can see why altf4 didn't save you.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
chromafunk wrote:
I am going to roll a Ranger now, what would be a good starting path ?

start with life/evasion passives, then through projectile/bow ones to life/evasion cluster, then to Phase Acrobatics. And finally Ondars Guile. Thats the basics (36 points tree).

with Grace aura you dont need to care about evasion on gear (until late Merciless). You can get the gem for killing Hillock in Cruel

Then continue picking up bow damage/crit, life and evasion (and perhaps movement speed) passives

choose your favourite skill and find proper support gems. for example split arrow + pierce (or chain), tornado shot + lesser multiple projectiles, ice shot + lmp + pierce, lightning arrow + lmp + chain (or pierce), etc

if you have troubles finding good bow use rustic sash vendor recipe on white high level weapon (and make it 20 quality before). Later you can upgrade bows with Tora Master

prefer gear with life and resists. try to have 75% elemental resist in second holf of Act 3

(eventually later buy cheap leveling weapon)

you should be able to reach City of Sarn in act 3 Merciless where you should start gearing up for endgame. There you can farm umtil ~lvl 65 (or go further if you feel confident) for chaos recipe. With chaos orbs and higher currency you can buy nice stuff for comfortable mapping

e: some mistakes
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 5, 2015, 3:13:44 PM
thank you !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info